1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Logic's stack experts here?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by kimarnesen, Feb 12, 2018.

1. stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    Yes but Whinecellar talks about the "folder free" Logic. So he obviously doesn't use neither folder stacks or summing stacks, I assume?

whinecellar likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    kimarnesen

kimarnesen Composer

Feb 12, 2014
    I think I'm a folder-guy, so I'm going for summing stacks in my template.

3. whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

Correct. There are things about folders and stacks I don’t like. They solve some problems while creating others, and there are several longstanding bugs with folders that never got fixed.

Hide groups solve everything for me...

4. stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    What kind of articulation switching system are you using?

5. whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

8DE0C392-F0DE-4268-A44F-76BFD6194759.jpeg
    Key switches via custom TouchOSC templates on iPad, or in some cases dedicated hardware buttons depending on the library.

Here’s a shot of my iPad with the new hide group categories I set up, along with some of my go-to key commands...

Dom and mc_deli like this.
  6. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

'Scuse me for being thick, but I am trying to set up "hide groups" to be able to hide complete sections (strings, brass etc.), but am I correct that groups ONLY work for the channel strip? So basically, it will only hide the first track in a multi timbral instance of an instrument? In which case it is pointless and useless to me, unfortunately. Am I missing something?

7. whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

No, it hides all tracks in a channel strip if you want it to. Each sub channel is treated independently.

8. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

Hmm ok I cant set any group for anything but the Channel strips. And it only hides those. Any hints?:)

9. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

Bump! Whinecellar, I can really see no way to assign groups to anything but the channel strip = hide group only hides one track of a multi timbral instrument. Could you tell me exactly how you make this work?