What's new

Any good free brass libraries for Kontakt?

aSimpleStove

For the past couple of weeks I've been looking for a good, free, epic sounding brass library for Kontakt. I already own Palette Primary Colors, which sounds wonderful, but I'm looking for something with a bit more depth to it. I would buy a library if I could, but unfortunately, I'm very tight on money at the moment. So, yeah, if you guys know of anything good, let me know!

MartinH.

For the past couple of weeks I've been looking for a good, free, epic sounding brass library for Kontakt. I already own Palette Primary Colors, which sounds wonderful, but I'm looking for something with a bit more depth to it. I would buy a library if I could, but unfortunately, I'm very tight on money at the moment. So, yeah, if you guys know of anything good, let me know!
Maybe experiment with layering brass from the kontakt factory library with free libraries and transpose some of them an octave down or something like that.

Mikro93

Ivy Audio's Carpenter Trombone is a solo trombone with a great legato and staccato. Same as Angry Brass, I believe it has one dynamic layer, and the mod wheel acts on volume and cutoff frequency, which is actually very effective. Love it!

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I'd start with the Kontakt factory library. It is old VSL, so not a bad library. BigCat has a lot of good free stuff on his site.

And if you have $4, the SoniVox brass are on sale at PluginBoutique
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1837-Orchestral-Companion-Brass?currency=USD&force_country=US&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_4jgBRDhARIsADezXcjO5Pk5nKVkPQkUpirCh5sCMrDXqq9E545v9b90SokobvbjtVz7mI0aAo9EEALw_wcB

They aren't bad. I have enough brass that I haven't really used them, but I have used the winds and percussion libraries libraries, usually as second instruments, and they sound fine in a mix. Very easy on the RAM too.

pipedr

Haha. That’s pretty interesting about the mouth trumpet. I had to google to see what is was. Can you post an example of layering in this technique?

Top Bottom