Any good alternatives to Heavyocity's Gravity?

Arise

Is there anything out there like Heavyocity's Gravity that is a nice all-in-one bundle of sfx with a big amount of tweakabilty?

For making stuff like pads, pulses, hits, whooshes, risers, downers, soundscapes, etc.

I like that Gravity has it all in one place with an awesome GUI.

I also am not interested in stuff like loops at all, don't want any of that, I never use them.

Would it be best to get Gravity in this case for my needs, or is there something else just as good (and cheaper?)

Thanks!

Living Fossil

Honestly, out of the many libraries i bought, Gravity is one of the most disappointing ones.
The sounds it offers have without a doubt a good quality, but the range is quite limited.
If it would be possible to import sounds, it would be much better and lots of the features would make much more sense - at least for me.

Personally, I think you're better off with buying Omnisphere and some samples.

OP
Arise

Arise

Honestly, out of the many libraries i bought, Gravity is one of the most disappointing ones.
The sounds it offers have without a doubt a good quality, but the range is quite limited.
If it would be possible to import sounds, it would be much better and lots of the features would make much more sense - at least for me.

Personally, I think you're better off with buying Omnisphere and some samples.
Interesting. When you say the range is quite limited, do you mean you were disappointed by the quantity of different presets, types of sfx?

Living Fossil

Interesting. When you say the range is quite limited, do you mean you were disappointed by the quantity of different presets, types of sfx?
I was referring to the sample content. They cover quite a narrow stylistic range.
Like if you buy a big box of crayons, but they only come in fifty shades of red.

Studio E

Eric Watkins
Audio Imperia has some good libraries that cross paths with Gravity. Sorry, I don’t remember the titles, but they have the hits, impacts, risers, etc. it might be worth browsing their stuff.

averystemmler

I like Gravity, but I find it to be very "busy." Which is not a fault - the library is all about big complicated sound design - but it's just not something I need that often. If you find yourself needing massive host-synced risers/falls that hit at a particular spot in your cues, it'll do that happily.

The pads and pulses, I think, are secondary. They're fine, but they don't do anything you can't find in a million other Kontakt libraries (click one of the banner ads on this site and there's about a 33% chance you'll hit something similar).

Some of the expansion packs are neat, though. I quite like Vocalise, and the pads/pulses section has a unique character. I don't believe you need the base library to use the expansions.

Yeah Rise and Hit is already included in Komplete. Omni2 or any other synth, some arps. Output Signal.

The Gravity expansions are a way to add a little of this character for more reasonable cost as well-- they don't require Gravity. One great thing about Heavyocity is these expansions for Gravity/NOVO and possibly others are standalone products.

DS_Joost

One day I'll fly away!
Falcon with the Meteor expansion can do wonders! For me, that and Omnisphere carry the load of 99.99% of my synth and effects duties.

OP
Arise

Arise

Falcon with the Meteor expansion can do wonders! For me, that and Omnisphere carry the load of 99.99% of my synth and effects duties.
I see a lot of people mentioning Omnisphere. Do you think it's worth it if I already have synths such as Zebra and Diva?

DS_Joost

One day I'll fly away!
I see a lot of people mentioning Omnisphere. Do you think it's worth it if I already have synths such as Zebra and Diva?
Yes, because it actually has a completely different workflow. The fact that it can use actual samples makes it a completely different kind of synth. The fact you can use samples and synthesis combined make it an extremely powerful synth. It comes loaded with an absolute insane amount of samples too (like, in the thousands). There is always something that inspires me, and that is why I use it so much.

shawnsingh

But is Rise and Hit strictly for samples of rise *and* hits or can you use just the hits/impacts without the risers?
From my vague memory - you can set it up to do rise only, hit only, or both.

I wish it were possible to do a bit more processing through the UI of Rise and Hit. I've often felt the riser samples they have don't grow intensely enough until the very last instant, or sometimes I just wanted to EQ only the rise or the hit. Still, great tool.

OP
Arise

Arise

Yes. Definitely. It may very well accomplish all your needs for a very long time.
Yes, because it actually has a completely different workflow. The fact that it can use actual samples makes it a completely different kind of synth. The fact you can use samples and synthesis combined make it an extremely powerful synth. It comes loaded with an absolute insane amount of samples too (like, in the thousands). There is always something that inspires me, and that is why I use it so much.
I see. It definitely looks very impressive. If I wanted to for example make my own patches and maybe create my own cinematic sounds, etc. would you recommend Omnisphere? I also had a look at UVI Falcon as well. I know I am derailing the original topic here quite a lot, but I am really curious as to what the difference is between these 2 products in terms of their use.
How deep can you go into sound design, making patches in Omni?