Any experiences with the EastWest CC Hard drive?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Heledir, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Heledir

Heledir Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm thinking of getting it so I can clear a whole bunch of space off my current HDD, and so I don't have to download 83GB libraries like Stormdrum 3, etc. Only thing is, when I googled the specific hard drive they use, it didn't exactly show great user reviews -- lots of it stopping to work after a (few) month(s).
    So I thought I'd ask some people over here. Any personal experiences you can share?
    Also, if you're in Europe, like me, how was the shipping?

2. Pantonal

Pantonal Member

Nov 9, 2017
    My experience was that it had sporadic issues and then Play just seemed to lose contact with it. Fortunately, I haven't used it a lot, but when issues cropped up EW suggested copying the library to another drive (they told me the symptoms indicated the drive might be failing). If you buy a library and it comes with it, I'd say okay, but if you're going to get the drive to use with other libraries I wouldn't bother.

Heledir likes this.
  3. Guffy

Guffy Fugdup

Sep 13, 2013
    Norway
    It is very good at collecting dust

Heledir and jiffybox like this.
  4. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    We had a couple of them at work for a year (2016, I think), and they worked without any problems.

Heledir likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Heledir

Heledir Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Netherlands
    How do you mean? If I'm going to get it, I would only use it for the Eastwest libraries that are on there (and future Eastwest releases). That what you mean?

6. Pantonal

Pantonal Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Yes, I got the woodwinds and it was shipped on the drive. Prior to ordering it I was unaware that it would arrive on the drive. At the time I thought the drive was a bonus, now I don't think so.