What's new

[ANSWERED] Change group's engine (from sampler to DFD) via KSP ?

Fredeke

Hi
Can I set a group's source engine to sampler or DFD via a script?

Or do I need to create duplicates of each group with different source engines and then allow/disallow/purge them from the script?

Or some other solution ?

(What I'd like to do is provide a button switching from reading the whole instrument from disk to loading everything in ram, and vice-versa)

Thanks

Last edited:
no not possible....if you want both approaches the only realist way is multiple groups...nice thing is you wont be duplicating the source material...you might (if you havent already) look at load and unload

no not possible....if you want both approaches the only realist way is multiple groups...nice thing is you wont be duplicating the source material...you might (if you havent already) look at load and unload
Thanks. I suspected as much.

I don't now load and unload. I suppose they are KSP commands? I can't find them in my KSP 5.7 reference... Were they introduced in a later version? Or are they KSE-only, maybe? What do they do?

Hi, Fredeke.

This is unrelated, but you may come across a situation where you'd like to chose between sampler and a "time" source. For this, there's in fact a command, so you don't need to duplicate groups.

Code:
dont_use_machine_mode(<id>)

I know this is not the original question, but may come handy.

EDIT: For loading and unloading, the command is called "purge".

Best regards.

Top Bottom