1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "Sam" Video - Died from laughing!!

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by DarkestShadow, Apr 13, 2018.

1. mc_deli

mc_deli n trepreneur

Feb 22, 2015
    The mock-up envy is strong in this one

2. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    My video is not against epic or hybrid music, it's not against computer and it's not to promote John Williams everywhere and for everything.
    It's only about the massive dumbing down : the impoverishment of the musical language in favor of deafening effects.

I had already explained all this in my deleted thread but most people have a selective memory.

Anyway I will not argue here, I'm not the one who shared that video and I don't want to see hours of reflexion deleted because of a few offended people.

I'm just passing through...but...brace yourself...

3. Drundfunk

Drundfunk Senior Member

Apr 5, 2017
    And I think it's an interesting and important point to address. But your video doesn't really address that. In fact I would need to interpret the video in a certain way to actually get to the conclusion that it's exactly about the quoted. So maybe next time, make a video essay where you adress certain points, give examples etc. From that people would actually get a proper sense what your point is and could have a healthy discussion. I'm pretty sure if you tried to inform, rather than "attack" this thread would be about the topic and not the creator.
    Also I don't know the deleted thread, but I surely would love to read it.
    Anway, you're right you didn't post the video and for that I'll just leave it be at this point. If you're ever planning on creating a video essay or something similar to talk about the massive dumbing down let me know. I'm pretty sure you know your stuff, but presentation is also important and polemic actually never really helps in the long-run.

4. Daniel James

Daniel James Senior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Grow up mate. You're embarrassing yourself.

-DJ

Puzzlefactory likes this.
  5. Johann F.

Johann F. Senior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    HA! So predictable. What a weak attempt to deflect from the subject, by once again going personal. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Mathieu A and Daniel James like this.
  6. Johann F.

Johann F. Senior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    The curious thing is that we had 2 months of over the top drama surrounding Hans Zimmer Strings and yet there was no moderation to be seen. In the other hand, it took them less than 48 hours to throw this "tedious" thread in a dark corner of the forum. The difference is that one topic comes with hundreds of dollars of paid advertisement and the other don't. I'm sorry, Sam, how about offering some tutoring services here, pay for a few banners and maybe you will have a voice too. ;)

7. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    How does that work? Is that being actively moderated? If not, isn't it doomed to become the sanctioned bitching, arguing and namecalling forum?

8. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    Yeah, there's nothing disrespectful about asking someone for a MIDI on a piece written in 1992 because you are in disbelief that the person in question could have arranged that piece. This is the film in question, Hans was indeed the target, and Sam was the arrogant perpetrator. But sure, it's convenient for you to remember Sam as the shining martyr.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
  9. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    No, no...and no...I asked a midi file because your master asked me to believe him in the name of respect and decency...you all have selective and bias reading, but your unfair behavior will not remain unanswered.

are you referring to this ? :

You considered quite natural and fair that some folks (including you) talked behind my back but you are very concerned about moderation when they get an answer ?

Johann F. likes this.
  10. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    You're only working further to prove my point with this latest bit of condescension. I've taken just as much issue with Hans's decorum on this forum as I do yours.

11. Jimmy Hellfire

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    There's only one way to solve this problem. When people talk behind your back, you beat 'em in a back alley like a man.

12. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    You are wrong : bias memory and bias reading, but be confident in your position.

13. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    Yes, you got me there. Misremembering your avatar undermines my entire argument.
    I would like to add a key difference in your decorum and Hans's: Hans actually has some insight when he's being an ass, where as you seem to never take a wrong step in your shining crusade.
    If you're looking for reasons why you were forcibly removed from this forum, look into your own behaviour instead of clinging to the belief that Rctec is somehow immune to action from the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
  14. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Everyone keeps tagging hans in the thread. Are people trying to start another fight?

15. Johann F.

Johann F. Senior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    It's only fair to let the person know we're talking about him/her.

So much for discussing the point. That's what happened last time. People went batshit crazy because of one guy's ability to confront all they thought they knew about virtual instruments and virtual orchestration. I read a comment on his video and agree to a degree: "People fear what they don't understand". More like narrow minded people. And the fact you all decided to gang up on him for no apparent reason other than insecurity or jealousy just shows the mob mentality thing I talked before.

There were pages and pages of discussion where Sam actually tried to teach his techniques to those willing to learn. But there was this loud mob attacking the guy for not giving all his secrets away. And it's happening again. You don't agree with his methods and decide to burn him at the stake.

How one guy's tongue-in-cheek video about epic music can get this many people triggered? :rolleyes:

Lod Vaida likes this.
  16. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    You have no argument, and I will have the last word.

17. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    Spoken like a true narcissist. Have a good day.

Lod Vaida likes this.
  18. Hannes_F

Hannes_F Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now

Feb 20, 2006
    Hannover
    What a waste of talent. If it were only possible to steer all these energies and knowledge (on all sides) into a productive outcome.

This can only happen if all of us can command their emotions. Impulse-control. Without that - not a chance.

hawpri and Nico like this.
  19. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    You are one of the few who have not reacted like a frightened virgin, faking offended reaction as if I had committed a crime.
    So, I respect you Sir.
    And maybe you will consider in a few days that this conflict has led to a productive outcome.

20. Jimmy Hellfire

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    I'm not concerned about your answers. In fact, when I asked the question, the one person I didn't waste a single thought on was you. I was just wondering if having a "drama" forum is such a good idea, because knowing people, whatever builds up in there doesn't stay confined in there.

Your problem is that you think this is about yourself. You even believe that VI Control created a forum section for you. I think you're a victim narcissist with a pathologically wounded ego, and you clearly have a screw loose.

rottoy likes this.