1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "Headshot" Video - Died from laughing!!

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by DarkestShadow, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Hannes_F

Hannes_F Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now

Feb 20, 2006
    Hannover
    What a waste of talent. If it were only possible to steer all these energies and knowledge (on all sides) into a productive outcome.

This can only happen if all of us can command their emotions. Impulse-control. Without that - not a chance.

hawpri and Nico like this.
  2. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    You are one of the few who have not reacted like a frightened virgin, faking offended reaction as if I had committed a crime.
    So, I respect you Sir.
    And maybe you will consider in a few days that this conflict has led to a productive outcome.

3. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    I'm not concerned about your answers. In fact, when I asked the question, the one person I didn't waste a single thought on was you. I was just wondering if having a "drama" forum is such a good idea, because knowing people, whatever builds up in there doesn't stay confined in there.

Your problem is that you think this is about yourself. You even believe that VI Control created a forum section for you. I think you're a victim narcissist with a pathologically wounded ego, and you clearly have a screw loose.

rottoy likes this.
  4. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

Are you seriously saying I make forum decisions based of advertising, rather than what I think is best for the forum? That I can be bought for a $175 a month ad?

For the record, had I thought of making the Drama Zone sub-section earlier, I would have put one or more of the previous threads there. There’s no conspiracy or subservience to advertisers, I simply didn’t think of it until yesterday.

Not only do I find your accusation insulting, in this case it makes no sense. You think Spitfire liked Daniel’s threads going for as long as they did? If I were Spitfire’s bitch, which is what you’re implying, wouldn’t I have deleted Daniel’s posts from the very beginning?

This whole accusation pisses me off, because I spent a ton of time behind the scenes trying to calm people down. I considered those efforts successful, because no one quit (that I know of), which is what usually happens in mega-threads like those. But yeah, you’re right, I’m all about catering to the advertisers.

On top of that, I have to read all this whining about how I’m not being fair to Sam??? First of all, I never banned him, that was the previous administration. I’m only slightly familiar with the circumstances, but from the guns a-blazin’ posts I’m reading here so far, I think I get the gist of the reasons for it.

Still, have I deleted any of his posts? No. Have I banned him again, which according to forum rules I should, since his banning was permanent? No. I don’t see how I could possibly be fairer to him. So what’s with the insults against me?

Good point, because we definitely don't want that. Same rules apply here. I don’t have time (nor do the other mods) to monitor every post, so I’m not going to go back through each post here. If things don’t calm down, I’ll probably just close the thread completely and give timeouts to those who won't/can't calm themselves.

NOTE: Also, please refrain from tagging Hans or any other members. I understand this topic may seem really, really important, but trust me, no one who isn't already here wants a notification in their InBox for this.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    The cinematic music is most probably leaving the "orchestra in a room" approach, yes. But to me, it seems to be a vicious circle. Young modern composers can't write for an orchestral body, hence they don't use it, therefore it's used less and less. Yet you listen to Ready Player One or The Last Jedi soundtracks and it's immediately obvious what writing for an "orchestra in a room" means and what a wonderful thing it is.

And not just sound-wise, but mainly music-wise. I'm still waiting for some blockbuster movie composer to use synths, samples and modern production techniques in the way Silvestri, Williams, Goldsmith or Horner composed their Star Wars, Star Trek or Back to the Future masterpieces.
    I don't know whether it's the education or composing for the orchestra or what, but mastering the sections, using and rotating the orchestral colors, developing pieces via the possibilities the orchestra provides, etc., make a vast difference in the music itself.

Exactly. The best of both, sounds and notes, everyone can buy a great pack of sound design patches, but where to get the craftsmanship level of Steinberg, Korngold, Herrmann or Barry?

6. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    There is nothing narcissistic with noticing the low blows and the hatred towards me even after more than one year...and there is nothing narcissistic with looking at the numbers :

[​IMG]

These are just facts.
    Your problem is that you deny facts.

Almost every single message in that thread is about me and I would be narcissistic to take it in consideration ?
    That's fun.

I would not have reacted here if some people had not spoken behind my back.

Mathieu A likes this.
  7. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

Out of curiosity, I read through the “Why Do We All Have to Be Zimmer Clones?” thread to see why exactly Samy was banned. Although I do believe Samy was out of line, Hans seemed to take it in good humor, so FWIW, I probably wouldn’t have banned him for it.

However …

My guess is that what bothered Frederick (the forum owner at the time) was only partly about “the insult.” My guess is that it was more about the relentlessness of it. The thread is 7 pages long, with the last 5 pages being entirely about Headshot. That’s not good, and a perfectly good thread (started by SourceFor, not Headshot) was derailed.

Were some of the posts unfair? Possibly, but if you get to a point where you feel you need to right every single wrong or inaccuracy, then you need to stop. Everybody thinks they are right, so if no one is willing to let things go, then things are going to get out of control and moderators need to step in.

Seriously, that’s probably the number one reason people get banned - they just won’t let things go and they keep arguing and arguing. In fact, I should probably add that as a rule: “No relentless arguing.” That could be a corollary to an overall rule: ”Please be self-aware. The forum isn’t all about you.”

Fortunately, most people already understand that. That’s why the forum works with very little moderator intervention. (There are only four of us, so we can’t moderate much, even if we wanted to.) That’s the biggest thing I ask - be self-aware. If you’re arguing and arguing … then stop.

So if we can agree to that, then I’m fine if Samy (Lod Vaida) wants to post on the forum. He's obviously very bright, and I checked out the Star Wars mockup, which is exceptional, so I imagine he has much to offer here. Perhaps he’s not interested and would prefer to just post on his own forum, but the offer is there.

8. NoamL

NoamL Senior Member

Jul 6, 2015
    I would be happy to continue this discussion with you in a non-Drama-Forum thread ;) perhaps here (where some other people have written very thoughtful things about the balance between orchestra writing and sound design writing).

AlexanderSchiborr and holing like this.
  9. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Good idea. :)

10. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    Most exciting thing that ever happened in your life, right? I can tell you're having a sensation of standing in the spotlight, but dude, everyone's laughing at you.

11. Anders Wall

Anders Wall 55°28'54"N 13°30'44"E

Sep 26, 2013
    Sweden
    Not taking sides, BUT, I guess it's hard to write about music, yours or anyones, when you have to deal with comments like this.

12. FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Don't you know it's mister "I-tell-it as-it-is"? ;)

13. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    Do have Jimmy Hellfire or Noam Levy per se an hostile Headshot opinion? I don´t know, but I don´t think so. Their reaction comes probably from their impressions they took from the old thread? Anyways: Nobody is perfect. So...what exactly is the purpose of that videos you put up, Samy?

I am referring to that 3 videos:

this:

and this:

I mean all 3 videos have one thing in common: They all trash more or less modern trailer or maybe film music in general. So there is the question for me: When you want to point out problems, wouldn´t it be better to have a constructive video or talk without just making fun of that or pointing just fingers at what you find inferior?
    I just read that one guy commented also your one of your videos saying that people like me and a few others are HZ Ass Kissers. Well..I am not..

I mean, isn´t it the purpose of Zen to have a balance? You know I am and never was a big fan of epic modern music (but some stuff out there is really good) and so I listen to the stuff I dig and let others live for what they like and do. I think that this is important. You don´t need to have a liking but tolerate it. Life is much easier with that approach in my opinion. :) Isn´t it?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    rottoy likes this.
  14. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I don’t think there’s any deeper meaning other than “this person doesn’t like Trailer style epic music” and is obviously very passionate about voicing his dislike through the medium of YouTube videos.

Reminds me of back in the day when guitar band fans would fume against dance music and claim its “not real music” or “takes no talent to make”.

Daniel James likes this.
  15. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    I'm afraid this post makes too much sense to a narcissistic mind like Samy's.
    He thrives on the drama, so what everyone should do is abandon this sinking ship of a thread.

16. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    I was banned very quickly and my 60k views thread in which I spent COUNTLESS HOURS was deleted.

I shared a lot of things in that thread and here is how forum members remember my contribution :

[​IMG]

and here is how it really goes for the most part :

[​IMG]

Moreover, some folks like to talk behind my back while being interested in what I may offer...I really don't appreciate that kind of behaviour.

I'm not Jesus : I won't forget nor forgive that, as well as everything that happened last year.

You seem to be a very nice man and I really appreciate your invitation, but unfortunately things gone too far.
    What a pity you were not the moderator last year, I could certainly have expressed my opinion and then moved on without being assaulted by ten guardians of peace and justice. This censorship still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Now, I have scores to settle, and I will settle them.

I'm sure you can understand that.

Thank you again sincerely for your offer and your kind words and please don't take my upcoming criticism of VIC personally. I am perfectly aware that you have nothing to do with that matter.

You missed my point to be able to strike me (again).
    I only showed you how ridiculous it was to call me narcissistic on a thread in which almost every post are about me.
    Does that mean I'm proud of it or that I consider myself "important"? Not at all. But believe what you want about me.

I didn't initiate that thread and I have no pleasure to be here and to read your BS. Calling me crazy and narcissistic just because I react to low blows seems a bit unfair (and anyway, being narcissistic doesn't mean you are wrong).

Let's laugh then :

Now, rather than insulting me, talking behind my back like cowards and calling me crazy or narcissistic when you get an answer, come to my kingdom and show me your ability to handle a debate without low blow and without arguing at 10 versus 1 as you usually do : www.modernity-sucks.com

Mathieu A likes this.
  17. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Wanna get triggered about Star Wars trailer music?!

voilà

18. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

19. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    With that new video you are showing truely passion. You are talking of lowblows, well how about completing that video in your post with your own (problematic) input you posted in the thread back then? If you saved every page of that thread (what you probably did), why keeping your own posts out of it for most of the time? Quotation is fine when presented in context to the prior delivered input by yourself? Your video states "morons helping morons since 2004", isnt that a general lowblow against any member here at ViC?
    If it is not the case why is it in your video then? It is a bit difficult for me to follow your motivations and again I had that question regarding your 3 videos, but maybe you don´t know any answer by yourself?

Living Fossil and rottoy like this.
  20. Lod Vaida

Lod Vaida Member

Sep 5, 2017
    I will not argue here anymore

So , why not joining if you want to argue with me : www.modernity-sucks.com

?

I created a perfect place for that :
    http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5

Come on, ask me what you want, I will not insult you