What's new

Another experiment with the 'Spitfire Labs Soft Piano' + 'Eastwest Bosendorfer' combination.

Hi everyone, I wanted to share this new production with you, where I once again experience the 'Spitfire Labs Soft PIano' + 'Eastwest Bosendorfer' combination. Both the melody and the accompaniment are played by both instruments with a lid position of around 70% for the Bosendorfer and a dynamic of 34% / expression at 66% for the 'Soft Piano' (at higher percentages, noise is also higher).

I am really very satisfied with this coupled in emotional cinematic productions.

And, very importantly, the 'Soft Plan' from Spitfire Lab is completely free!

Nice One Sarah. There are normally phasing issues when combining 2 sampled pianos, but your EWQL Bosendorfer & Spitfire Soft Piano combination blend really well. Good discovery!

A bit uncertain with this one, Sarah.
Coincidentally, was working here with IvoryII _ Italian Grand and Una Corda Felt. Permutations are endless, and no clear answers yet.
Your work here is valued, and will help my efforts nicely.
Interesting to have discipline to focus on your skills with this combination, versus your composition …. intended to emphasize it …. ;)

Nice One Sarah. There are normally phasing issues when combining 2 sampled pianos, but your EWQL Bosendorfer & Spitfire Soft Piano combination blend really well. Good discovery!
Hi CGR and Sostenuto.

When I work with the piano, the first thing I do in the mix is to reduce the stereo image by 10/20% (depending on whether it is solo piano or accompaniment with orchestra). Subsequently, I position (in this case) the two pianos in a true stereo convolution reverb and in the master I go to give back that 10/20% of stereo image removed previously. This system allows me to keep the phase in balance.

Hi CGR and Sostenuto.

When I work with the piano, the first thing I do in the mix is to reduce the stereo image by 10/20% (depending on whether it is solo piano or accompaniment with orchestra). Subsequently, I position (in this case) the two pianos in a true stereo convolution reverb and in the master I go to give back that 10/20% of stereo image removed previously. This system allows me to keep the phase in balance.
Thanks for the detailed info. I'll give it a try :)

;)
Hi CGR and Sostenuto.

Thank-you for these specifics ! Will apply to current IvoryII / Una Corda combo and with confidence ….. :cool:

Top Bottom