Announcing Orchestral Template for Reaper (OTR) - NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by storyteller, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Sami

Sami The Undisclosing

Jul 23, 2017
    Undisclosed
    Is there ongoing development in this project and/or a changelog? Would be interested in trying it out; hearing good things about how efficiently programmed Reaper is and considering trying it out for a single machine template.

2. OP
    OP
    storyteller

storyteller Senior Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Hey Sami,

OTR has received consistent updates over the past year+ it has been out. I'd say, on average, there has been an update about every 2-3 months. Presently, OTR is at version 1.6 (so 6 updates during its current availability). Each update has brought incremental changes such as bug fixes, expanded TouchOSC functionality, new Project Templates, expanded shortcuts, etc. Version 1.6 was the biggest update though (released in the Spring of 2018). It added new shortcuts, actions, and scripts as well as a new theme that was crafted to fully integrate with OTRs functionality. So now there are 2 official themes available within OTR (and of course you can add additional themes made available through the Reaper community - BUT there will be some trial and error to see which ones work with the features of OTR you value most). As for a changelog, I typically provide users of each update's changes via email and also in a PDF within the updater package. Also, the manual is updated with each release.

The latest update happened yesterday actually :) - but it was not specific to OTR itself. Rather, the update is part of OTR's expanded functionality. This update added 16 new TrackPacks to the Storyteller Store for purchase as well as introduced a new "All TrackPacks (Everything) Bundle" which reflects a 40% savings on the TrackPacks themselves and, aside from the intro bundle pricing, is the only discount or sale that has been offered to date.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions. :thumbsup:

-Jonathan

3. Sami

Sami The Undisclosing

Jul 23, 2017
    Undisclosed
    Thank you very much for the detailed informations! Is some sort of articulation management implemented in OTR at present?

4. OP
    OP
    storyteller

storyteller Senior Member

Dec 26, 2015
    There is! The one included in OTR is Blake Robinson's BRSO Articulate plugin. However, I will say this decision was made prior to @tack's development of Reaticulate - which I highly recommend. He has been doing a great job with it and it has been well received by the Reaper & VI-Control community. Perhaps it will be included and pre-configured in an updated release of OTR as well. He is very active in these early stages of development of it.

5. Sami

Sami The Undisclosing

Jul 23, 2017
    Undisclosed
    Thanks again!

storyteller likes this.
  6. tack

tack Damned Dirty Ape

Aug 3, 2013
    Thanks for the kind words. And if there's anything Reaticulate could do to improve a potential future integration into OTR, if you do decide to go that route, I'm at your disposal.

korruptkey, Stevie and storyteller like this.