What's new

LA Modern Percussion - The update is finally here!

In the dynamic hit patches the first mapping style (blue keyboard spread) is not velocity sensitive, the other two (green keys) which are mapped to two keys are. Is that what you meant?
Yes. Thanks. Bought the library.Really Fantastic sound.
Waouhhhhh.
Thanks à lot.

Lots and lots of hiss...I tried the methods from the Walkthrough but eventually I had to insert a X-Noise plugin...
No more hiss than any other recordings IME. When lots of processing is applied, the noise floor will always become more of an issue. It's super easy to control on the modulation tab. Set the LP Cutoff to around 10k, dial in the decay knob so the filter only kicks in after the initial attack. I'm really impressed with that modulation page, so simple yet effective - I've always wished for something exactly like this in other libraries. So easy to get the low-end decay just right too.

1565431957435.png

Last edited:
So, I guess it's going to be a paid review then.

Not at all. Daniel was on our beta team (which he mentions), and other than getting a free copy of the library, wasn't and won't be paid a dime. He posted a live stream and we pulled out the parts where he mentioned LAMP. Besides being quite funny, there's some useful information in there for potential customers based on his experience using the library up to this point.

Thank you for the advice, of course I watched the walkthrough and did all that LPF/Decay thing. However this morning when got back to it I decided to also lower the Saturation level; this lowered the noise floor to an acceptable level (the X-Noise plugin was degrading the sound so I took it out). I am using the Toms Ens and BD Ens at low dynamics, i know that is part of the problem but that is what I needed and what I was after when I purchased the library.

Fantastic library, it has a learning curve, on my next track I'll know what to do :)

No more hiss than any other recordings IME. When lots of processing is applied, the noise floor will always become more of an issue. It's super easy to control on the modulation tab. Set the LP Cutoff to around 10k, dial in the decay knob so the filter only kicks in after the initial attack. I'm really impressed with that modulation page, so simple yet effective - I've always wished for something exactly like this in other libraries. So easy to get the low-end decay just right too.

1565431957435.png

Is anyone else getting stupidly slow downloads..... 8mb per second (1 megabyte)? My connection is a hell of a lot faster and I ran a speed test at the same time which came out 15x faster.

Is anyone else getting stupidly slow downloads..... 8mb per second (1 megabyte)? My connection is a hell of a lot faster and I ran a speed test at the same time which came out 15x faster.

Try pausing and un-pausing in the Connect app. I usually get 80mbits but here and there it will slow down to 5mbits - but doing the pause/un-pause thing usually kicks it in the teeth and it gets faster.

Try pausing and un-pausing in the Connect app. I usually get 80mbits but here and there it will slow down to 5mbits - but doing the pause/un-pause thing usually kicks it in the teeth and it gets faster.
I tried :-(

Im about to go into an orchestra pit for a matinee so hopefully it will sort itself out.

Finally finished downloading..... these are fantastic - going through the multies and ensemble patches atm. The OH Tom_Bass mix is a favourite mix atm. This is going to take a while to really go through.

Bravo to Audio Ollie

Just realized the round robins are only on the traditional hit patches....would have loved more round robin patches.......but anyway fantastic sound.....amd the multis and rough multis ...waouh......instant Zimmer : batman .....sound designed.....the best part of this library: the multis !!!
Thanks a lot......(user manual ???? no...hummm).

Actually, can you (or anyone else, hi Audio Ollie) tell me more about the RRs? I haven't found any reliable info on RRs in the official specs, so I'm curious which patches have them at all (what do you mean with "traditional hits"?) and how many.

There are dynamic hits patches and a few traditional hits patches.
The dynamic hits patches have no rr but you play the different dynamics.
The trad patches cycle through rrs.
These are 2 different approaches.
I prefer trad rr patches . With dyn hit patches if you hit 2 times the same key with the same velocity : same sample.

With rr patches, when hitting same key at same velocity 2 times : 2 different samples..

But as i said , the BIG plus of this library are the mics and the.....multis . Never heard so punchy multis. You have HZ's and JXL's sound. Really. Ready at your finger tips.
And i didn't expect so many sound design sounds. Big plus.
The library is so deep, it is going to take a while to go through. But that's what we all want ! Have a good day. Bye.

Oh forgot to mention , the fills (great idea) , improvs ( epic) , love the flams ......
Love the transpose function and velocity function....

Actually, can you (or anyone else, hi Audio Ollie) tell me more about the RRs? I haven't found any reliable info on RRs in the official specs, so I'm curious which patches have them at all (what do you mean with "traditional hits"?) and how many.

Hey! The 'traditional hits and rolls' patches are the ones with Round Robbin. They have 12 dynamics and 7rr to be specific. Most of the major ensembles (Taikos, Daikos, Toms, Bass Drums, Shakers) feature these traditional patches. Otherwise the rest of the drums utilize the Dynamic Hit approach. You can check out the patch list on our site.

Top Bottom