What's new

LA Modern Percussion - The update is finally here!

I really like what I'm hearing from the demos and walkthrough videos:2thumbs:
I would've gotten it right away if I were a student. (a bit short on money right now:crying:)

It looks this post should be named from the beginning like "LA Modern Percussion With Alan Meyerson *INTRO PERIOD ENDS IN 1 WEEK!* (only positive feedbacks are allowed)" :2thumbs:

So basically you are telling that devs from LAMP are not accepting negative feedback? Which is not true. I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the community feedback, because that's in their interest to do so. Especially on a product launch period.

Why you so painfully accepting a critics ? :) Every member here is free to share the own experience with that library.

Exactly. And most of the time everyone have the right to defend their position. Even if you dislike it. But an opinion stay an opinion. It's not obviously a fact.

And yes, it will be good if Alan will re-record this library from the beginning. Because it still incomplete as I said before ;)

You should just add "to me". It will transform your posts as an opinion and not disguise it as a fact; and then it will not trigger some people on this thread.
Jackson Pollock never successfully finished a children's draw coloring book. He has his own style. As you have your own preferences.

Best

Lots of fun there seeing someone else work with the mics. The library is so deep that there are a million different ways to approach it.

It seems like the resolution of the video was a bit low in this case. When I went full screen, it was a bit difficult to really read the nomenclature on the GUI when you were demonstrating the Effects page.

Yeah ! Fantastic sound. So punchy !!! Great.
Still discovering every day new sounds !!! Bought it 3 weeks ago !!!
Still making GREAT MULTIS . Stacking and stacking ! . OH man .This is a library !!!

Reactions: JW
Just bought it. Thanks so much for the Edu discount on top of the intro price. Amazingly generous.

Now, the utter frustration of waiting for my fibre internet to be connected next Wednesday in my new apartment before I can bloody download it!

Thanks so much for the Edu discount on top of the intro price.

Educational discount is the reason I want to become a student again hehe

And damn, that demo video above sounds so good.
I actually thought I wouldn't need another percussion library, which is until I heard the demo and watched the walkthrough of this library.
Definitely at the top of my list of things to get. Hopefully it would be at the same price during BF :)

Actually I just created a demo for LA Modern Percussion that features mostly all close mics for a very intimate and drier sound. I also used a lot of the solo instruments and stacked those solo instruments to create width but without making it feel 'large'.

The library is actually excellent at not only epic large and roomy stuff but also for that organic and intimate stuff. This is due in part because of the way Alan recorded it but also because Warner Brothers is that sweet spot of not being too big and not too small to where you can really craft the size. And with all the clarity in the recordings you can really bring out detail with the closer mics.

Hopefully my track shows off LA Modern Percussion in this versatile way. It's not just an epic blockbuster library (which it does very well) but it's also able to handle underscore or intimate percussive tasks.

I love LAMP

Really enjoying the library!

so many great things
I really love the sub hits but they don’t trigger instantly, i know i can tweak them in the interface but for all the instruments creating the sub hits it is easier just to put in my sequencer and deal with the delay.

Of course on multis if I only had to tweak once that would be optimum…I wonder if you can create simple patches made from the multi for this purpose that trigger quicker.

Really enjoying the library!

so many great things
I really love the sub hits but they don’t trigger instantly, i know i can tweak them in the interface but for all the instruments creating the sub hits it is easier just to put in my sequencer and deal with the delay.

Of course on multis if I only had to tweak once that would be optimum…I wonder if you can create simple patches made from the multi for this purpose that trigger quicker.

Thanks Craig,

We'll look into it. A lot of the sub hits were created using varying degrees of pitch shifting which make it tricky to get a consistent delay across the board. I'd like to implement a few new features which would make the sound designing process a bit more straightforward in the next update so I'll put this on the list.

Ollie

should be as easy as going through the different presets 1 by 1 craig in reaper(or another if you're good at editing) taking a sample and then dragging them back into a new kontakt instrument(so just sampling them and making a multi.

reaper has a lot of quick commands to cut stuff up like that easier -so that's why I suggested it

I find the soud design patches absolutely fantastic. And those looooooong tails and reverbs.

Really awesome !!! And the subs ....waouhhh.

Top Bottom