Ancient Persia- Tarilonte

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by otisvillain, Apr 28, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    otisvillain

otisvillain New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    I would have liked some voices in this library. The middle eastern voice has not been covered in depth by Tari ( I don't think). Besides that it is very good. I bought it yesterday.

2. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

This library is fantastic. And I agree on some voices...it would have stepped it up a notch. But we never know. Ed has added vocals after the fact before.

3. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    What's Engine like and does it use ILok copy protection or something else?

4. Chris Porter

Chris Porter Active Member

Engine has been fairly stable for me. I prefer Kontakt, but for Eduardo's libraries, it's worth using Engine.

It doesn't need iLok. You simply register your sample libraries online with a code/response system (via your Best Service account). Very simple.

5. James Marshall

James Marshall Senior Memer

Apr 26, 2017
    UK
    I do wish some of Eduardo's libraries were Kontakt and not Engine. I suppose Ancient Era Persia is in Engine as it's using legacy content from Desert Winds. Having said that I find Engine to be a very capable and does the job. I'm just not a huge fan of the interface and it feels slightly fiddly cycling through the presets.

I've only really played around with the percussion so far, but it sounds fantastic!

6. Chris Porter

Yes, I wish they had a more efficient menu structure for choosing patches. It's easy enough to just use the arrows to go up or down one library when you just want to audition all of them. But choosing a specific instrument is a bit laborious if there are many sub-folders.

Also, unless I missed something, is there really no way to see how much RAM a specific patch is using?

7. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for the response guys. They do seem to have some really nice stuff.

8. James Marshall

James Marshall Senior Memer

Apr 26, 2017
    UK
    I think you get an 'overall' RAM usage in the Preferences tab, but I don't think you get it on a individual patch basis. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

In terms of preset browsing I just stick to the Browser tab, I rarely go near 'click here to load an instrument'. The whole thing could really do with a visual overhaul, it's so early 2000's o_O Although nice UI is only a 'nice to have' and not too important for me.

9. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Even with some of the recent updates Engine is lagging in GUI friendliness, but don't let that stop anyone. These libs are awesome.

James Marshall likes this.
  10. Chris Porter

Yes, don't let Engine deter you from picking this library up. The GUI within Ancient ERA Persia (and all of Eduardo's libraries) is very nice and user friendly. It's just the external Engine shell that could use some improvements.

11. R. Soul

R. Soul Senior Member

Jan 7, 2006
    London, UK
    Don mentioned that he didn't think the loops were locked to the DAW's tempo. Can anyone confirm that?
    That would be pretty poor for a brand new library I think. Or is that just for instrument loops?

12. H.R.

H.R. Active Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Also check out "Impact Soundworks KORON Traditional Instruments of Iran" some friends of mine were involved and it sounds great!

sostenuto likes this.
  13. VgsA

VgsA Active Member

May 23, 2014
    They don't sync, the percussion loops have fixed tempos/signatures and the instrument phrases are tempo free

14. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Sonokinetic might fill that gap for you (although admittedly Turkish and Yemeni isn't Iranian).

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  15. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I really like Engine. Almost more than Kontakt. It's been really stable for me but I too wish there was a major GUI update.

kevinlee87 likes this.
  16. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes, very stable here as well.

TARI likes this.
  17. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Same here. Win 10, Cubase 6.5, never had any problem with it, literally zero crashes.

18. Chris Porter

I just finished writing my first track using this library. All instruments are from Ancient ERA Persia (just multi-sampled instruments, no loops or soundscapes). No other libraries were used.

I mixed it using almost exclusively Slate Digital plugins, with Cakewalk's Linear Phase EQ additionally in the mastering phase.

anthraxsnax likes this.
  19. MA-Simon

MA-Simon Senior Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Can somebody confirm that this is again a pure mono library?

TARI likes this.
  20. TARI

TARI Senior Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Spain
    Hello,
    Yes, pure mono.

Mystic and Chris Porter like this.