Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra Release Info

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Michayl Asaph, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Are you still working on this? I still haven't been able to see this deal on the site.

2. dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Click on the Overture 5 option in the “shop” page. You should see a page with an option to add on Amadeus for 50 bucks.

3. onebitboy

onebitboy Member

May 13, 2018
    The price list only mentions Finale, Sibelius, Notion and Encore as being eligible for crossgrades. Is this incorrect?

4. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Frankly I'm a little disappointed that he's making existing OV5 customers pay $99, the same price as everyone else...and only giving the $50 discount to "new" OV5 customers. i will pass on it both because of that and because I have a lot of better libraries already. If it were $50 for me, I might use it with OV5, if OV5 didn't have so many bugs...

d.healey likes this.
  5. sonicscores

sonicscores Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    The price is not for everyone else, it is for VI-Control customers and Overture 5 users. $99 is a very good price for a very good product for anybody.

KallumS, dougj7, Quasar and 4 others like this.
  6. clisma

clisma Senior Member

Apr 13, 2015
    What bugs are you having? I’ve tried the Overture 5 demo in the past, but could never get Kontakt playing without impossible-to-play-with latency. that held me up from purchasing OV5. Amadeus looks interesting as an all-in-one, but I have reservations still. Might try the demo again.

7. Tacet

Tacet Senior Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I'm also having issues with the Overture 5 demo, at a very basic functionality level.
    Like trying to edit a note duration. Just won't work the way it's shown in the Quick Help.

Is there anyone on this thread currently trialing it, but without any issues?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:48 AM
  8. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Yet new ov5 customers get it for fifty bucks and those of us that supported you and paid for beta software get no special discount. Sorry don you’re not convincing me. Anyway I have a lot of libs I’ll pass

d.healey likes this.
  9. Eric G

Eric G Senior Member

Jun 6, 2014
    I have owned Overture for quite a while. Very happy with the price for Overture users. Can't make everyone happy.

10. renochew

renochew Active Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I am trying it at the moment, yes, I have the same problem, I edit the note duration, but the midi playback completly ignore it, I am scratching my head at the moment.

11. richard kurek

richard kurek Senior Member

Jul 28, 2017
    how many devices do you have connected to your computer i had an issue midi related maybe its the same reason , i disconnected all but one program worked as it should. sounds like an odd fix but it did the job, seems midi from other devices coming in from the back door preventing functions in the program to work

12. renochew

renochew Active Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Hi Richard, thanks for the info. But I don't have any extra device connect to my computer, just a midi keyboard and audio interface, I double check the device settings of overture and make sure only the midi keyboard input is turn on. So it seems it is other problem.

13. sonicscores

Nov 23, 2016
    First why are you asking this here, should this be on the Sonic Scores forum.

How are you editing the note duration? In the Data View or by changing note heads?

Overture allows you to change note heads with out altering playback, a very valuable tool for notation that handles MIDI like DAWs do. For example if you recorded live and the notation was an eighth note due the MIDI note duration but you wanted it to be a quarter note, Overture allows you to change it, by simply selecting the note and typing '8'.

If Options>Hold Note Values menu option is enabled, disable it and you'll get what you want. Of course reading the documentation, searching our forum, or asking this on the forum would have got you the answer.

Eric G and David Cuny like this.
  14. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles

If you stay here a while you will find that people seem to prefer asking questions here than on the developer forums.

Quasar, brek, David Cuny and 3 others like this.
  15. sonicscores

Nov 23, 2016
    Thanks and get it.

I must say I do like the forum and the response and the comments, but this means I have to monitor two forums for support.

Quasar, Eric G and d.healey like this.
  16. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Hey, when I was the EastWest online coordinator, I had to monitor about a dozen

MartinH. likes this.
  17. renochew

renochew Active Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I appreciated you are trying to help, but I think you have a attitude problem, mate.

brenneisen, Paul Owen, dflood and 2 others like this.
  18. Michael K. Bain

Michael K. Bain Senior Member

Jan 27, 2014
    I am webmaster for a large software company. Often the clients use the general info form to to ask tech support questions. No big whoop. I simply forward the messages to tech support. And sometimes they ask questions they can find the answer to in the User Manuals. Again, no biggie. It's just the price of doing business.

I would never scold a client for seeking support, even if it is in an inconvenient place. That's not right, man.

Amadeus seems like a good product, but I would never buy anything from your company due to the way you are talking to your customers in this forum.

kleotessard likes this.
  19. Eric G

Eric G Senior Member

Jun 6, 2014
    And here we go. It only gets nastier from here SonicScores. Many of the folks on here love starting a good row with developers. It's not worth it

d.healey likes this.
  20. dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    It’s a forum. People are going to express opinions, some from knowledge, some from ignorance, some from malice. So far, the comments and questions have been pretty mild and mostly very positive, so I’m puzzled why the developer seems so defensive and even kind of hostile in a couple of instances.
    Many of us are weighing whether to buy this, and it doesn’t bode well for customer support if this is the kind of attitude we can expect.
    I have to say it’s a bit strange, but I am nevertheless impressed with Amadeus and Overture 5. I’m a big fan of Tracy Collin’s Indiginus products and as for the Overture 5 demo, it’s the first notation program I have tried where I’ve actually been able to get started without needing to dig in to the manual. That has me very interested! Let’s hope the developer settles down and responds to postings with a bit more equanimity and patience.