What's new

Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra - anyone here use this outside of sketching?

sevensuns

I was looking at a few threads here on VIC and walkthrough videos of Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra. For 150usd (99usd with EDU), it sounds really good to me!

- Scripted legato, but not such a big problem imo, as it also sounds good to me.
- A lot of instruments, and even the choirs sound pretty good to me, or well, not bad
- Small RAM footprint
- Has sections, not just ensembles + solo instruments as well
- Kontakt Player compatible

I wanted to know if this is a versatile enough library that it can be useful and powerful enough to handle not just "sketching out ideas", but also being solely used for orchestral pieces. Of course I'm aware it may not be the best for huge epic or trailer music, I was thinking just more cinematic, soundtrack, classical styles of music.

It's a great product, not sure if I would use it in a final release but it's certainly very good.

What would you say might make you not use it in a final release, other than having better sounding libraries to use? Because honestly it sounds pretty good to me, that it could maybe even be used for mockups and still do well.

What would you say might make you not use it in a final release, other than having better sounding libraries to use?

That's the reason, I have access to better libraries. If it sounds good for your purposes then there's no reason you couldn't use it for a final release but in my use case it's not going to be used that way.

That's the reason, I have access to better libraries. If it sounds good for your purposes then there's no reason you couldn't use it for a final release but in my use case it's not going to be used that way.

Ah ok, makes sense in that case :) Yeah it does sound pretty good to me, and surprisingly I have not heard or seen people mention many cons about this library. Might just pick it up

Tremendous bargain. While people who are doing paid work and can afford more expensive alternatives/supplements may want to do so, I will go out on a limb and say that if you can’t make really good sounding orchestral style music with only this library, you cannot with the others either.

Tremendous bargain. While people who are doing paid work and can afford more expensive alternatives/supplements may want to do so, I will go out on a limb and say that if you can’t make really good sounding orchestral style music with only this library, you cannot with the others either.

That's really good to know. Kind of surprised I'm not hearing more about this library.

How is the dynamic range? Does it do loud well?

You can get this library very loud. I crank up the velocity in Kontakt and use the Dynamic Orch & Full Orch presets. Instant power symphony at your fingertips!

Check out Cory's video when you get a chance for a rundown of some of the instruments too.

Jay's right. Not only a great bargain, but sounds great to boot!

And I just made an interesting discovery.

I am a long time fan of and endorser of the ArtZ ID/ SkiSwitcher for articulation switching. But Peter has suspended selling it for an undetermined time because he’s very busy with some important projects.

In the past, all the reports I heard were that Logic Pro X’s built in articulation switching had some issues that made a third party solution still necessary. But I am creating Articulation Sets for my template for this library and it is seemingly working flawlessly. If I encounter hitches I will report back but I am going to be recommending to my Logic clients who are new to MIDI orchestration that for $149 bucks with my template they will be able to make a great beginning!

And it goes without saying that Sonic Score's notation product, Overture, interprets all the Amadeus articulations by default

I have some libraries already covered (strings, brass etc) and have only bought on sale so far, but kind of considered just straight up buying this one (but black friday is close though).
Also sounds great to my untrained ears, and i'm just blown away by the preview videos where I kept thinking the video must be ending but then he keeps throwing instruments at you xD
Seems like a really good deal already at 149$
And even when you get better dedicated libraries it seems like a solid tool for sketching :)

I have some libraries already covered (strings, brass etc) and have only bought on sale so far, but kind of considered just straight up buying this one (but black friday is close though).
Also sounds great to my untrained ears, and i'm just blown away by the preview videos where I kept thinking the video must be ending but then he keeps throwing instruments at you xD
Seems like a really good deal already at 149$
And even when you get better dedicated libraries it seems like a solid tool for sketching :)
I have used a lot this library. There are better sounding ones out there, but the symphony patch is pure fun. You just select it, play on piano and get hours of fun.

Top Bottom