What's new

Alternatives to True Strike ?

GingerMaestro

I've been trying to get hold of a used copy of True Strike to no avail ! Would someone be able to suggest some alternatives, for a good all round percussion library for Cinematic/Trailer Music Use around the same price ($150) and of the same quality. I may still get True Strike, but wondering if there is anything else I should consider at this stage. Heavyocity Damage and Action Strikes seem considerably more expensive. Thank you as always..

I've been trying to get hold of a used copy of True Strike to no avail ! Would someone be able to suggest some alternatives, for a good all round percussion library for Cinematic/Trailer Music Use around the same price ($150) and of the same quality. I may still get True Strike, but wondering if there is anything else I should consider at this stage. Heavyocity Damage and Action Strikes seem considerably more expensive. Thank you as always..

Actually Native Instruments has a half price sale each year where Damage AND Action Strikes are exactly $150 each. That is why that's the most I would pay for them used. I think I've seen them for even less ($100-120?) in the for sale section. But either usually goes quickly. Keep checking.

I'm skipping all that and waiting for a better sale on Strike Force- great sounds, great layout, uber round robins. :)
https://laboratoryaudio.com/
But $40 off is the best it's been so far (even at intro it was $349). Sooner or later it will sell for $199 or less, then I will Strike... with Force.

Thank you everyone, I’m checking these all out right now. However, they would need to be for the Kontakt Player as I don’t have the full version sadly at the moment. Thank you

The only substitute for True Strike is True Strike. Unless you are looking for big ensembles True Strike remains as the best sounding of solo orchestral percussion in my opinion. I've never seen a complaint about it.

Thanks @leogardini ! All of these other library's do sound great and have something to offer and I'd love to have elements of them all, but yes I think bang for buck True Strike is still pretty good after all these years. I may just have to find the extra money and buy it directly from ProjectSam, I was hoping to maybe pick up a copy from someone who wasn't using it anymore on here, but it's obviously so good that nobody wants to part with it..Which says a lot anyway !

When I think of Project Sam older libraries I always got a feeling "yeah, it was released several yeras ago but this library was way way forward into the future regarding quality". Going this track you may conclude that present new releases finally achieved similar or close level to Project Sam which right now is much more available for regular mortals.

I think True Strike is still top league.

Thank you everyone. So Now I think I definitely want true strike, which seems straight ahead orchestral in it's out look, but also a cinematic (Groove ) trailer library also ! I like Strike Force, so thanks for that suggestion and Action Strikes. Thanks again all..I'll have to save up my pocket money !

Top Bottom