What's new

ALTERNATIVE for Roland LX 17 PIANO Samples?

Emanuel Fróes

* this question is precisely for who knows this sound and instrument https://www.roland.com/global/products/lx-17/

THe ROland LX 17 has some priceless sounds i would like to have in midi:

the maind piano patch

the guitars

the strings

some other "vintage" patches

Precisely I would like to have at least the piano patch in my computer. The things is that using the Auto Sampler of Logic pro takes forever, takes days, if i want all samples. It is really deep sampled.

So my question is: do you know a good VI substitute for this? I own the EW pianos and they do not come closer in nuance of pedal , timbre, and dynamic sensitivity.

M-Audio audio interface bugs on m1, so i can´t show you the sound properly now

Sampling the piano might be a job that Sample Robot would be good for, assuming it can trigger the sounds with midi. Do you know what format the LX 17 samples are in? It might also be possible to convert the format the way, for instance, SFZ instruments can be converted into NKIs.

Sorry, I don't know of an existing sample library that could give you this sound, though.

Sampling the piano might be a job that Sample Robot would be good for, assuming it can trigger the sounds with midi. Do you know what format the LX 17 samples are in? It might also be possible to convert the format the way, for instance, SFZ instruments can be converted into NKIs.

Sorry, I don't know of an existing sample library that could give you this sound, though.
thx very much Bee! I dont know this Sample Robot

I am trying to get motivated for maybe a long session auto sampling.

But later it is a mess to make a Sampler instrument from it in Logic.

I wonder itf is more smart to just get someone to hear this sound and say me a good VI piano outthere close to this. Or maybe someone knows more details about this piano sound.

ON the link above there are some specs. I know that it has a lot of voices

the technology is called SUperNatural.

I guess it is worthwhile to take a look. If someone has money and espace, it is a second keyboard i would recommend for any professional composer.

You might try the free Roland Cloud trial and poking around the sounds inside Zenology. There's a chance it's the same engine or at least similar DNA.
Roland Cloud! you mean like EW composer cloud? wonderful if there is something like this

by the way also the ballade piano and pianoforte are also very nice to play. I try to record examples for this thread soon

the organ kills the ear, needs reverb. It is a killer dry organ

thx very much Bee! I dont know this Sample Robot

I am trying to get motivated for maybe a long session auto sampling.

But later it is a mess to make a Sampler instrument from it in Logic.

I wonder itf is more smart to just get someone to hear this sound and say me a good VI piano outthere close to this. Or maybe someone knows more details about this piano sound.

ON the link above there are some specs. I know that it has a lot of voices

the technology is called SUperNatural.

I guess it is worthwhile to take a look. If someone has money and espace, it is a second keyboard i would recommend for any professional composer.
With midi controlled hardware, Sample Robot can be set up to do the sampling for you.

Do you not have full Kontakt? It is probably a much easier option for loading the samples.

Top Bottom