What's new

All VI Freebie contributions Here!

Cinematique Instruments has released a new free "Klang of the Month" instrument called "Stacks of Wood":

Apparently, they've mixed the sound of various wood fragments with samples of the marimba. Could be interesting...

(as always, full version of Kontakt is required for everything from the series)

I've just heard about this one... They mention Pianobook - I assume that this library is based on a "Requiem" pipe organ available there. If so, the Kontakt version probably offers more options, but knowing Spitfire Labs, there should be some additional content included (designed pads) that is worth checking out.
Yea I read that & I think they secretly own this website or may be it’s like their developing factory house ?

Yea I read that & I think they secretly own this website or may be it’s like their developing factory house ?
A while ago, someone posted a quote from somewhere that Pianobook "will have a full support from Spitfire Audio" or something like that, whatever it means. I wouldn't be surprised if the project "falls under" the umbrella of SA in the future (like Spitfire Labs), I just hope that the sounds will remain freely available for the community.

To my knowledge, this is now the second case of the LABS instrument based on a Pianobook one. Perhaps they're aiming to introduce the Spitfire Player as one of the platforms for Pianbook releases, making them freely available to those without the full version of Kontakt. Personally, I'm not too keen on their Player, but this move would indeed make the series available to a wider audience.

A while ago, someone posted a quote from somewhere that Pianobook "will have a full support from Spitfire Audio" or something like that, whatever it means. I wouldn't be surprised if the project "falls under" the umbrella of SA in the future (like Spitfire Labs), I just hope that the sounds will remain freely available for the community.

To my knowledge, this is now the second case of the LABS instrument based on a Pianobook one. Perhaps they're aiming to introduce the Spitfire Player as one of the platforms for Pianbook releases, making them freely available to those without the full version of Kontakt. Personally, I'm not too keen on their Player, but this move would indeed make the series available to a wider audience.
Since PianoBook is the love child of Spitfire partner Christian Henson, and since if you watch any of the videos, he's also used Spitfire engineers on some of PianoBook's more complex projects (that massive choir project for one), it's no secret about Spitfire's involvement.
Kudos to Spitfire and Christian specifically, for creating this community based resource (along with their free LABs branch). I think he is a model of a business leader in this regard.

Free Heritage Percussion for Kontakt full from Impact Soundworks:

"Add texture and nuance to your tracks with the crisp, detailed sound of 13 hand percussion instruments like rattles, claves, shakers, gourds, and hand drums.

Sculpt, edit, and map the sounds to match your workflow with our beautiful, easy-to-use Cadence drum engine.

Mix it all together with our new & improved Console featuring 40 (!) FX, including analog-modeled EQs, compressors, sparkling reverbs, and much more.

All for free!"

While it defaults to "$5 donation" you can change the amount to $0.

Thank you for mentioning this new percussion library from Impact Soundworks. I'm yet to watch the official video, but from the screenshots, this certainly looks like those rare freebies that have commercial quality and usability.

Though I have a number of percussion libraries, for such smaller sounds I often fall back to KFL. This should be an interesting alternative.

New The Download Show is out for March 2021 - recapping the best VSTs, Kontakt Instrument and Plugins that made our radar at Sample Library Review

In the event of Piano Day 2021, three completely new piano libraries have appeared on Pianobook:

Judging from the descriptions, these are among the most detailed Pianobook submissions yet. One of the three libraries was created by Christian Henson.

Really looking forward to trying them out!

While watching the freebie monthly by Don Bodin, I've learned about the new free Kontakt library (or rather a patch) by Riot Audio, called "Tremolo Clouds":

I'm yet to try this one out. I quite like their "Bowed Glass Clouds" library. I've grabbed that one for free some time ago thanks to Audio Plugin Deals. I imagine that this is something with a similar feel.

Note: during the checkout, it says that Pulse Downloader is needed to get this, but I've managed to download it manually from my Riot Audio account. You also need a full version of Kontakt 6.4.2. to run it.

Last edited:
lofi Audio - Acoustic Unicorn Series - Skimmer Glass

My good friend Eva travelled – pre-corona – the world as a guide. One time she got us wineglasses from the Sidney Opera House. Glasses with lines that tell you what pitch you’ll get if you fill them to that point. Hours of fun :)

For this project I recorded one glass with several microphones.
A pair of DPA 4011 in x/y stereo, a Townsend L22 in stereo and a Stam U47 for the mono feed.

The recordings lasted roughly a minute per note and I recorded every note twice.

The L22 and U47 are forward sounding, the DPA’s are reversed.
Recorded range is shown in green.

Click the Unicorn for Delay and Reverb controls and a custom Convolution Reverb.
Modwheel controls the overall volume.

Here’s a quick walkthrough/demo:

This virtual instrument was specifically made for the Swedish show “Festen”.

Have fun!

–>Download<– Acoustic Unicorn Series – Skimmer Glass for the full version of Native instruments Kontakt 5.4 or above.

lofi Audio - Acoustic Unicorn Series - Skimmer
String

The last uploaded but first created ”Skimmer” instrument is a Santoor or a hammered dulcimer.

Oddly enough bought from a nearby beauty saloon, don’t ask.

The articulation is tremolo and each note was recorded for roughly 1min 45 seconds.

If you play really short notes and up the release volume you’ll get at more of a classic dulcimer sound.

Recorded with a DPA4011 condenser and a Reslo Beeb ribbon mic.

The recorded range is shown in green,
Modwheel controls the overall volume.

Click the unicorn for a custom Convolution Reverb, great for those low volume tremolos.

Here’s a quick walkthrough/demo:

This virtual instrument was specifically made for the Swedish show “Festen”.

Have fun!

–>Download<– Acoustic Unicorn Series – Skimmer Glass for the full version of Native instruments Kontakt 5.4 or above.

Spitfire has added a percussion instrument to the LABS series:

Though there were some untuned percussion sounds included, this addition certainly makes the series even more complete and versatile.

I just came across an interesting freebie from Xperimenta Project called "Minima":

Apparently, this is a mini toolkit of sounds suitable for minimalistic and ambient styles. I doubt that the included content has a lot of depth in terms of dynamic layers and RRs, but the sound palette is cleverly thought up. This is one of those libraries that could be interesting while trying to put together a whole track by using only the sounds featured within.

You need to go through a check-out process to get this and the full version of Kontakt 5.6.8. or higher to run it.

I am sure that it has been mentioned before but as I realized just how long I have not updated this and I think it is really one of the best free plugs over years out there now the actual version (email adress is needed, have not tried if a fake one would do cause I think for this they deserve the real on :) ):

Around 500 preset selections now originally for Chromaphone 3, Ultra analog, String Studio, Strum Studio and you dont need anything for playing apart from this ........

Blown away each time I come back to this......

Dont blame me if it dont work for you but thats to interesting/unique stuff to being ignored that it has become free:

Lots of stuff, you really need some time to go threw but I think its worth it cause this is really not your "evryday-workhorse" stuff but interesting synthesis methods, especially additive. Sounds (I dont say "beautyful" ;) ) you wont find elsewhere. One "quick tip": most of the presets dont "play" your midi notes, you have to turn midi on for playing on the gui (but no problem to find the buttons).

You can find the serial number for the now free versions on the product pages where the downloads are. Lots of additional preset packs.

I was one of the early fans of this stuff and bought some of it but I have to admit I left cause it was really buggy on my system environment. And the bugs not fixed (maybe one of the reasons they just closed selling it, but seems like they find new homes with NI and wherever ;) ).

But if you dont fear some crashe, worth a tryout now that its free.....

Top Bottom