What's new

All VI Freebie contributions Here!

Gotta say folks, thanks for sharing in here. I have nothing to add just yet, beyond things people already know about. But the amount of mileage you can get out of some of these is fantastic. A big reason why I wanted to hop on the Kontakt bandwagon. Cheers to all who've posted.

A resource I check now and again is NI's Free Stuff category.

Of commercial drum kit and snare samples are now free and moved to https://shop.karoryfer.com/pages/free-samples

That's Big Rusty Drums, Unruly Drums, Swirly Drums and Frankensnare. No disrespect intended to those who paid money for them and effectively ended up paying for early access. Also open source and forkable at Github, if anybody wants to try making Kontakt versions or whatever.
I had already bought those (mind you, pretty cheaply) and am glad I did. I respect what you're doing and look forward to what you come up with in future.

Gotta say folks, thanks for sharing in here. I have nothing to add just yet, beyond things people already know about. But the amount of mileage you can get out of some of these is fantastic. A big reason why I wanted to hop on the Kontakt bandwagon. Cheers to all who've posted.
These days, you can really find a quality freeware substitute for many types of music software, especially when it comes to sounds.
A resource I check now and again is NI's Free Stuff category.
Definitely a valuable resource. As a seasoned user of freeware, I'm rarely surprised by the mentioned stuff there, though. However, every once in a while, there are some nice additions that I didn't know about. ;)

Couple of new frebies at Loot from Lese.
Haven't tried Codec yet, but Sweep is great.

A FREE DX7II + SY77 iOS app.

Also AUDIOKIT offers free resources for iOS and more (to build your own music apps?)

Here is another free library from ZAK Sound, suitable for ambient and cinematic music:

Based upon the sounds from several handmade flutes. From the brief video, it seems that the focus is designed rather than realistic-sounding patches, though.

The library runs in a dedicated VST3 or AU-compatible plugin. Works both on PC and Mac.

Here is another free library from ZAK Sound, suitable for ambient and cinematic music:

Based upon the sounds from several handmade flutes. From the brief video, it seems that the focus is designed rather than realistic-sounding patches, though.

The library runs in a dedicated VST3 or AU-compatible plugin. Works both on PC and Mac.
Sweet textures to use solo or with other pads... Thanks!

And wow for their Sierra Atlas library (not free)...

Strezov Sampling has recently released a free piano library:

The library works in a full version of K7 or in a free KP7. It features 3 mic positions, 3 dynamic layers, and 3 RRs.

I know that this one is already mentioned on the forum. I posted it here as well as they've announced more free instruments in this "Creative Toolbox" series. IMO, good news for those looking for quality freebies running in a free version of Kontakt. Not so long ago, these were quite rare. Things are much different these days. ;)

Venn Audio is a plugin developer with three plugins for sale, and three freebies. These are pretty good quality in my opinion, especially Utility which combines the other two to some extent, which are a clipper and a stereo spread plugin. The clipper is better for clipping distortion than for cleaner purposes.

At Agusharidman there are some free instruments branded Monster: Monster Sax, Monster Ehnica, Monster Piano, Monster Soundscapes, Monster Keyz, Monster Synth, Monster Strings, Monster Guitar, Monster Bass. Also, Golden Piano. These are all vst plugins.

I haven't tried any of them!
For many of these libraries, I like the way the GUI lets you contol the amount of each sound you can dial in (5 sounds). Standalone concept, no need for a sampler.

1c0f56330d308b93bb6650218f66e255.png

As far as sound quality caliber, I don't know how many of these I would use for production, but certainly potential for some of them.

This reviewer did a good job. :)

Worth taking a listen, there may be very decent patches in there. FREE! :)

Splash Sound released a small free jaw harp library for Kontakt (full).
Wow, this is so cool, thank you very much for sharing!:) I'll definitely going to use it!

At first the darker screen of the plugin got me confused - I thought something is wrong and it's not working properly, as I was clicking on it and nothing was happening. But then I watched their demo video and was relieved, that all is good, I just need to click a bit different way:))

Top Bottom