All VI Freebie contributions Here!

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Christian F. Perucchi, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Anders Wall

Anders Wall 55°28'54"N 13°30'44"E

Sep 26, 2013
    Sweden

Short strings samples.
    Violin, Viola and Cello.
    Needs the full Kontakt 5.3 or later.
    Walkthrough above.
    They are fun, try them out :)
    www.lofiaudio.com

maro, bill5, thesteelydane and 5 others like this.
  2. thesteelydane

thesteelydane Senior Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    bill5, dzilizzi and Anders Wall like this.
  3. bill5

bill5 Active Member

Oct 18, 2018
  4. kmaster

kmaster Now in LA: let's get coffee!

I shared this on the PERSPECTIVE group on Facebook a while ago, but as many of you are probably not on it (which may be for the best):

Logic Pro X users, I have a little gift for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/…/8o4kpp…/AACZjR1nG_toGHvcoHYcMgQua…

I was doing some archiving of past projects when I rediscovered a little experiment I'd done in MainStage 3 to test the Redmatica integration. I had autosampled a patch from my Korg ARP Odyssey module into the EXS24 sampler.

It's nothing fancy, but it's fun! Especially with a long synthy hall reverb (pretty much anything in Valhalla Vintage Verb, for example) and a healthy amount of predelay.

(Installation instructions, if this is your first third-party EXS excursion:

Download the folder and place it in "YourDrive > Users > YourName > Music > Audio Music Apps > Sampler Instruments")

5. bill5

bill5 Active Member

Oct 18, 2018
    I give up, I registered as required but still don't see a way to download for free. ?

6. bill5

bill5 Active Member

Oct 18, 2018
  7. bill5

bill5 Active Member

Oct 18, 2018
    First a huge thanks to everyone who's added to this. Finding some good and interesting stuff! Also to piggyback on what someone else said earlier, and not to sound ungrateful, but it would be helpful if those adding to the list could include (most do but just tossing it out there):

- what is it? just posting a link or going "here's Whatsathingy, my free instrument" really doesn't tell us anything
    - telling us if it is a demo/trial/etc
    - if anything is required to download and use other than an internet connection, like do I need Kontakt (and what version required), do you have to sign up for an account etc

That said, all the efforts and great stuff here IS appreciated, an embarrassement of riches - I started "liking" posts but there are too many - we need a thread-wide "like"

8. dfhagai

dfhagai HD

Aug 24, 2009
    Israel
    My CCMatrix is up here.
    It's a must have utility for the Kontakt orchestrator.
    And it's free, for the time being :)

dbudimir and devonmyles like this.
  9. DSmolken

DSmolken Senior Member

Jun 30, 2016
  10. nathantboler

nathantboler Active Member

Dec 13, 2017
    California, USA
    I just launched my personal youtube channel and have a free Kontakt library in the description.
    It's a Chorus pad sound made from a Casio keyboard. :)
    Similar things coming soon, so subscribe for more. :thumbsup:

11. Diablo3

Diablo3 Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Ah-Oh Choir by dear David from Decentsamples: Free ofc.

12. David Hicks

David Hicks Instrument Builder

Sep 16, 2018
    Bedlington
    Hey guys. Me and the team at Analogue Instruments have a Kontakt instrument to giveaway. The Electron Reactor FREE is the free version of our powerful pure analogue sequence engine. It gets analogue sound inside your computer in a whole new way. If you're a fan of analogue synths, getting experimental, and instruments that are quick, easy and fun to use - this one's for you!

Download FREE - The Electron Reactor

Requires Kontakt 5.8.1 (Full version)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  13. DSmolken

DSmolken Senior Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Viola from a new Japanese developer, free for a limited time if I understand correctly.

https://gomafusounds.booth.pm/items/1332152

And a 700 MB bundle (edit: gone now, seems its limited time expired):

https://gomafusounds.booth.pm/items/1371909

The demo of the commercial violin I found on Twitter is extremely scratchy and amateur playing, in an intentional "here are samples of a beginner" way, but I have no idea if there might be a joke there, so I have no idea what to expect and I'm at work now so won't be able to try these for another 8 hours. So, if anybody does try them today, feel free to let us know what they're like.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 4:25 AM
  14. Thomas Kallweit

Thomas Kallweit composer

Jul 11, 2015
    haha, funny find.
    Seems the site is more aimed to animation / illustration I guess?
    The Viola patch is some kind of joke. The viola as a flower is meant here and you have two ambient noises on two keys plus an animation of the flower.
    The other one is a collection of toy instruments. To get there you also have to pass some animation first, which appears like a game. Interesting field btw. I did not see that often in Kontakt.

15. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Is it possible to load your own samples into the engine?

16. VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Diablo3, fretti and DivingInSpace like this.
  17. David Hicks

David Hicks Instrument Builder

Sep 16, 2018
    Bedlington
    A few people have asked about using their own loops and samples inside the Electron Reactor's engine, so I've recently completed a purpose-built version of the engine to make that possible...I've also sneaked in a few extra features!

It's called the 'Electron Reactor - Creators Edition'. It will be available from www.analogueinstruments.com by the 5th June (maybe sooner)...and it will be FREE to download.

Also, over the next few months, me and a small team of sound designers are periodically rolling out a collection of experimental analogue sounds to go with the new engine - they'll also be FREE to download.

As soon as the Creators Edition engine is ready to go, I'll post it in this thread.

Diablo3, DivingInSpace and YaniDee like this.