What's new

All Piano

I overall liked the piece. I think it get's a little monotonous, also I would have used more sustain pedal / reverb here and there, especially at the beginning. But that's rather personal.
I like the overall tone. You cut the video away somewhat too early, maybe give it some time to fade out a little smoother :)

Wow, you have some really clever syncopation and meter changes in the piece!

I listened to it for the second time, but now counting the strong beats and it's really awesome what you're doing. And I just love how subtle it is.

You also have some implied but never fully realized harmony and so I'm guessing the idea behind this piece is to express this constant motion with syncopated line sort of dancing on top of it.

I would've loved to have a middle section where this motion gets temporarily disrupted with a contrasting harmony/rhythm and then comes back for the reprise and coda.

Well done, thanks for posting!

Last edited:
I overall liked the piece. I think it get's a little monotonous, also I would have used more sustain pedal / reverb here and there, especially at the beginning. But that's rather personal.
I like the overall tone. You cut the video away somewhat too early, maybe give it some time to fade out a little smoother :)

Thanks for your valuable feedback and tip. I can learn from your feedback.

Wow, you have some really clever syncopation and meter changes in the piece!

I listened to it for the second time, but now counting the strong beats and it's really awesome what you're doing. And I just love how subtle it is.

You also have some implied but never fully realized harmony and so I'm guessing the idea behind this piece is to express this constant motion with syncopated line sort of dancing on top of it.

I would've loved to have a middle section where this motion gets temporarily disrupted with a contrasting harmony/rhythm and then comes back for the reprise and coda.

Well done, thanks for posting!

Yes, I can improve the middle section based on your suggestion. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

I overall liked the piece. I think it get's a little monotonous, also I would have used more sustain pedal / reverb here and there, especially at the beginning
I agree. Worth working on/developing your sustain pedalling technique to create better phrasing within the piece. Maybe a big ask with a virtual piano, although being a modelled piano, Pianoteq is as good as it gets with natural pedalling behaviour. A continuous sustain pedal is critical for this, as it allows you to 'feather' or blend the sustain in and out of your playing like on an acoustic piano (as opposed to the basic sustain on/off restrictions of some pedals and software pianos).

Last edited:
I agree. Worth working on/developing your sustain pedalling technique to create better phrasing within the piece. Maybe a big ask with a virtual piano, although being a modelled piano, Pianoteq is as good as it gets with natural pedalling behaviour. A continuous sustain pedal is critical for this, as it allows you to 'feather' or blend the sustain in and out of your playing like on an acoustic piano (as opposed to the basic sustain on/off restrictions of some pedals and software pianos).

Good Point. Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom