What's new

Albion ONE: 10th Anniversary Edition Promo Price Ends TOMORROW!

To the guys that didn't upgrade from Legacy to 1. Are you all updating to One? (Holy crap I just went cross eyed)

I'm on the fence here. I have Legacy but for various reasons never adapted it. I have so much of these All-in-One- libraries when I bought my new computer I left Albion Legacy out. Yesterday I installed it just to re-listen. It's so soft in my opinion. Symphobia by comparison rips your head off. $99 ain't a lot but I just don't want to reinvest if it will still sit idle.

Anyone know how long the upgrade price will last? Any thoughts from the guys in my position that were on the fence about upgrading, did so, and then love it or meh?

I did.....and contacted support........was up and running in no time.
Thank you very much for that tip, now the NKS integration works for me, too.

Also thank you very much to Spitfire for a great update, you made an already great library even better.

The following is only a minor issue, but is it possible that the NKS tagging is a little bit inconsistent (or is my installation messed up)?

This is the main-bank / sub-bank structure I see in Komplete Kontrol as well as in Maschine:
  1. Albion One Orchestra (73 entries)
    1. COG patches (6)
    2. Individual techniques (40)
    3. Legato techniques (15)
    4. Main Patches (6)
    5. Time machine patches (6)
  2. Brunel Loops (200)
    1. Construction Kits (6)
    2. Dev Kits (3)
    3. Presets (191)
  3. Dev Kits (42)
  4. Legacy Patches (4)
  5. Main Patches (3)
  6. Stephensons Steam Band (164)
    1. Dev Kits (2)
    2. Presets (162)
  7. The Albion Legacy (58)
    1. COG patches (8)
    2. Individual techniques (34)
    3. Time machine patches (8)

Some observations:
  • There is no main bank for the Darwin Percussion Ensemble, a few of its patches (namely the legacy patches) however can be found under "4. Legacy Patches" (which in my understanding should be a sub-bank, not a main bank).
  • "3. Dev Kits" seems to contain only three Dev Kits (the new dev kit from Stephenson, the new dev kit from Brunel and one (but not all) of the old Brunel dev kits). The rest of the patches are no dev kits at all, but the instruments from "Organic Brunel Loops X" (albeit without sound preview).
  • Some of the Albion One Orchestra main patches can be found in "5. Main Patches" (which contains Brass High, Brass Low and Strings), the rest of them is located in "1.4 Main Patches" (which in my understanding is the correct place).
  • The string runs have no own sub-bank, but are located in 1.4 as well.
  • The 118 new CHX instruments (Brunel and Stephenson), the 4 Darwin Percussion Ensembles and the 3 Darwin Percussion stereo mixes are not associated to a bank at all, so they only show up when no bank is selected.
  • "Alien Beacon MW - Metal" under "Brunel Loops / Organic Mutations" has no sound preview.
  • "Easter Island (Stereo)" has a sound preview file on the hard drive, but there is no instrument with that name.
  • Finally (this is not an error per se, but maybe an idea for improvement): the sub-categories of Brunel and Stephenson (e.g. "Organic Mutations" or "Epic Adventures" are not available as sub-banks (which would be practical, I think).
Can anybody confirm this? Or is it just my installation?

I had already decided not to upgrade my Legacy to One, because various reasons.

Well, f*ck those reasons, apparently. Under €100 I totally lost my impulse control.

Thanks Spitfire, and may you continue for another 10 years!

lol! Same here!
Spitfire rocks and Legacy Albion was my gateway drug to sample libraries..

thx, guys!

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. Anyone have any thoughts on JJ's new Darwin Mixes, and we did tons of new sessions with PC for the Brunels, kinda took it back to the original 'legacy' material which I recorded in my kitchen at home (no joke), keeping it super simple, but with just enough interest to engage your listener... I also used the f-box hard on the new stephenson's package, let me know if I applied too much F? C x
What's up with the "add a coin" and the Atari cartridges in the eDNA engine? Was that always there? Just graphics fun?

To the guys that didn't upgrade from Legacy to 1. Are you all updating to One? (Holy crap I just went cross eyed)

I'm on the fence here. I have Legacy but for various reasons never adapted it. I have so much of these All-in-One- libraries when I bought my new computer I left Albion Legacy out. Yesterday I installed it just to re-listen. It's so soft in my opinion. Symphobia by comparison rips your head off. $99 ain't a lot but I just don't want to reinvest if it will still sit idle.

Anyone know how long the upgrade price will last? Any thoughts from the guys in my position that were on the fence about upgrading, did so, and then love it or meh?

Yes, for $100, it's bonkers not to.

Yes, for $100, it's bonkers not to.
I, for one, am extremely impressed by this upgrade. It's not just the orchestral stuff, the Stevenson's patches and Brunel loops have some excellent and inspiring content as well (great job, Christian et. al.). And for those who need to 'go back', the Legacy patches are still there. In fact, this gift probably could have been a paid upgrade, but instead it's a wonderful Christmas gift from Spitfire. As for those who still have the original Albion 1, I'm not sure if it will see as much use anymore...it doesn't here, but I know there are still some things in it that we like. But $99 to upgrade to Albion ONE seems more than fair to me, and IMHO worth every $.

I'm using Kontakt Player to run Albion One. The email I received said that this new version requires the full version, is anyone able to advise?

Are there Atari-eqsue patches in the new 10th Anniversary Albion One? I looked for them last night after hearing the hilarious Atari moment in Homay's track for the promo video, but didn't find anything. Then again it was 3 am. :)

What's up with the "add a coin" and the Atari cartridges in the eDNA engine? Was that always there? Just graphics fun?

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. Anyone have any thoughts on JJ's new Darwin Mixes, and we did tons of new sessions with PC for the Brunels, kinda took it back to the original 'legacy' material which I recorded in my kitchen at home (no joke), keeping it super simple, but with just enough interest to engage your listener... I also used the f-box hard on the new stephenson's package, let me know if I applied too much F? C x
Just the right amount of F, not too much, and not too little. Thank you very much and happy 10th!

This thing is awesome. The combination patches are great. The runs sound beutiful. And nks support. And the sound, to me is fff without artifitial punch. Just right.

Thank you spitfire for this. Much appreciated.

The $99 update is woth every dollar.

I, for one, am extremely impressed by this upgrade. It's not just the orchestral stuff, the Stevenson's patches and Brunel loops have some excellent and inspiring content as well (great job, Christian et. al.). And for those who need to 'go back', the Legacy patches are still there. In fact, this gift probably could have been a paid upgrade, but instead it's a wonderful Christmas gift from Spitfire. As for those who still have the original Albion 1, I'm not sure if it will see as much use anymore...it doesn't here, but I know there are still some things in it that we like. But $99 to upgrade to Albion ONE seems more than fair to me, and IMHO worth every $.
And if those on Albion Legacy are still hesitating, here’s what the Spitfire Albion One webpage says about its future:
“As it is our flagship product you can be certain of frequent updates and fixes, plus free juicy new content, just as we have done with the 10th Anniversary Edition.”

DEAR CHRISTIAN AND PAUL, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. YOU GAVE ME THE SOUND THAT I DREAMED WHEN I WAS AN TEENAGER AND I DREAMED WITH THE MUSIC, THE CINEMA AND THE IMAGINATION. THANKS FOR THE BOTTON OF MY HEART. LOVE, PEACE AND FAITH.

I found this, the roadmap of a creative lives. THANKS SIR!

MV5BMTI5Mzg1MDU0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY1ODQzMQ@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg imgpaulair_crop-262x272.jpg Christian-and-Paul-Portrait-049.jpg

ha ha ha,

If ever there was a poster for "DO NOT HAVE A CAREER IN MEDIA COMPOSITION" this is it!!!

ha ha ha,

If ever there was a poster for "DO NOT HAVE A CAREER IN MEDIA COMPOSITION" this is it!!!
Hi just thought I'd let you know that the email from Spitfire advised users that full kontakt is required, user posting above has advised otherwise.

Thanks for the free upgrade, I'll proceed now that I know it will be compatible

Thank you very much for that tip, now the NKS integration works for me, too.

Also thank you very much to Spitfire for a great update, you made an already great library even better.

The following is only a minor issue, but is it possible that the NKS tagging is a little bit inconsistent (or is my installation messed up)?

This is the main-bank / sub-bank structure I see in Komplete Kontrol as well as in Maschine:
  1. Albion One Orchestra (73 entries)
    1. COG patches (6)
    2. Individual techniques (40)
    3. Legato techniques (15)
    4. Main Patches (6)
    5. Time machine patches (6)
  2. Brunel Loops (200)
    1. Construction Kits (6)
    2. Dev Kits (3)
    3. Presets (191)
  3. Dev Kits (42)
  4. Legacy Patches (4)
  5. Main Patches (3)
  6. Stephensons Steam Band (164)
    1. Dev Kits (2)
    2. Presets (162)
  7. The Albion Legacy (58)
    1. COG patches (8)
    2. Individual techniques (34)
    3. Time machine patches (8)

Some observations:
  • There is no main bank for the Darwin Percussion Ensemble, a few of its patches (namely the legacy patches) however can be found under "4. Legacy Patches" (which in my understanding should be a sub-bank, not a main bank).
  • "3. Dev Kits" seems to contain only three Dev Kits (the new dev kit from Stephenson, the new dev kit from Brunel and one (but not all) of the old Brunel dev kits). The rest of the patches are no dev kits at all, but the instruments from "Organic Brunel Loops X" (albeit without sound preview).
  • Some of the Albion One Orchestra main patches can be found in "5. Main Patches" (which contains Brass High, Brass Low and Strings), the rest of them is located in "1.4 Main Patches" (which in my understanding is the correct place).
  • The string runs have no own sub-bank, but are located in 1.4 as well.
  • The 118 new CHX instruments (Brunel and Stephenson), the 4 Darwin Percussion Ensembles and the 3 Darwin Percussion stereo mixes are not associated to a bank at all, so they only show up when no bank is selected.
  • "Alien Beacon MW - Metal" under "Brunel Loops / Organic Mutations" has no sound preview.
  • "Easter Island (Stereo)" has a sound preview file on the hard drive, but there is no instrument with that name.
  • Finally (this is not an error per se, but maybe an idea for improvement): the sub-categories of Brunel and Stephenson (e.g. "Organic Mutations" or "Epic Adventures" are not available as sub-banks (which would be practical, I think).
Can anybody confirm this? Or is it just my installation?

Can’t say that I’m overly impressed with the browser part of NKS support.

The way it’s structured and organised (and tagged) is much better inside Kontakt.

I’m guessing developers can’t create their own tags and types etc etc inside KK and have to use the premade generic ones that NI have made...?

Is that the case @Spitfire Team @christianhenson?

Can’t say that I’m overly impressed with the browser part of NKS support.

Do you see the same NKS structure as I have described in this post? I'm just asking to find out if it is just my installation.

I'd agree that the tags are a little bit generic, but for me that is not such a big problem because the patches are consistently named.

It would however be very helpful if the bank / sub-bank structure reflected the folder hierachy in Kontakt, because that would allow to narrow down the result list fast without having to scroll through the long patch list every time.

Yeah I think it’s the same structure, can’t say for sure until I’m in front of my computer.

I noticed a similar thing with my Output libraries. They’re organised really well inside Kontakt but inside KK, not so much.

That’s why I’m thinking it’s a restriction imposed by NI rather than developers...

Top Bottom