What's new

Alan Meyerson live from NAMM

synthetic

I watched this live and it was pretty dope. I think his portion starts halfway through the video:

Alan discusses mixing a cue from Thor Ragnerok by Mark Mothersbough. Live orchestra with no samples, all recorded together live. Apparently Marvel doesn’t like striping the orchestra, cool.

There are a few other interviews with him that I found on Youtube. Mix with the Masters has another video that’s taken from his tutorials on the paid site, and there’s a tour of his studio with Spitfire Audio.

I think Jeff is referring to this one. Unfortunately, the editing glitches in this video (from these masters) is absolutely appalling, as I've heard better editing from your typical youtube makeup artists. Nevertheless, Alan Meyerson makes some very interesting comments so its worth bearing with the glitches (which always seem to cut out at the most important points).

Those glitches were from the feed losing connection during the livestream. Still worth watching but it's definitely missing some valuable tidbits.

The other NAMM video is also worth watching. He goes through some of the same info but definitely shares some other tips.

I tried to watch one of CLA livestreams and it was brutal. Mic was barely working and couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Weird, I saw the video when I posted. Yeah, tradeshow internet is always awful. You’d think they would have put in a cell tower in the new hall, but I had no service in their booth.

I think Jeff is referring to this one. Unfortunately, the editing glitches in this video (from these masters) is absolutely appalling, as I've heard better editing from your typical youtube makeup artists. Nevertheless, Alan Meyerson makes some very interesting comments so its worth bearing with the glitches (which always seem to cut out at the most important points).

Yea! My question made the video! It was incredible to be able to pick his brain and chat with him after as well as at the AVID booth for his Pensado a place interview. His wealth of knowledge is next level.

Top Bottom