What's new

Aeon, CinemorphX, Metals/Woods Collection - a new music piece

and-

Hi guys,

The End of Summer Sale by Heavyocity and Sample Logic caught me off-guard, and I (naturally, I might add) purchased a lot of cool stuff. :)

Also, a friend of mine asked me to compose a 3 to 5min music piece for a table tennis competition in China. This was an excellent opportunity to try all these new toys when actually working on a complete piece.

While working on the piece I got "a valid reason" to buy Sylenth1 and iZotope Ozone 7. The latter one because it was on sale and I needed it, and the former one because... because I always wanted it. :dancedance:

After a few evenings of work distributed over 3 weeks I completed the following piece. I was using something from classical composition and something that I managed to learn about trance. One of my goals was to create a recording that sounds ok on a very wide range of systems, because I have no idea what equipment they are going to play it on; and it should sound approximately as loud as the typical stuff they play there.

I would love to get your feedback on the music itself, but also on:
1) Mixing/mastering. Is it ok?
2) What style is it? Somebody called it "industrial trance". :faint:Is it correct? I mean, I love trance sounds but I hate the endless repetitions and the general 8x bars structure. If I get rid of these two, is it still trance? The question of style is, actually, very important, because, whenever I submit my music anywhere, I have to say something about the style - and I have no idea.o_O

Anyway, here is the piece - please let me know what you think:

Here is a table tennis video (lots of cool points and techniques) with my music piece as the soundtrack. Perhaps, it's more appropriate to listen to this stuff while watching table tennis :)

Last edited:
OP
A

and-

Bump, in case it was overlooked.

There is something that I'd like to add to my first post. Although I like to write electronic music, I approach it like I would approach composition of a classical piece. Therefore, I feel that vi-control may be the most appropriate place for seeking advice and comments on this kind of music. Maybe I'm falling between two chairs but, although I love to use all these cool drums and synth sounds in my music, I do not want it to be as repetitive and "square" as are many other electronic tracks.

MrLinssi

A glorified bedroom musician.
Sounds great and the mixing+mastering sounds good to me! The odd note choices caught me off guard at first (at 3:45, for example) but I kinda like it. As for the genre...Well, you've been in my thread and know that I know nothing about this kind of music. :D

Keep posting more stuff!

OP
A

and-

Sounds great and the mixing+mastering sounds good to me!
Thanks.
The odd note choices caught me off guard at first (at 3:45, for example) but I kinda like it.
As usual, I was trying to strike the fine balance: interesting but not weird. :)
As for the genre...Well, you've been in my thread and know that I know nothing about this kind of music.
Well... you did try electronica, didn't you? :) To be honest, I was hoping to get feedback from both worlds: classical and EDM. As you can see, not much luck so far.:confused: So it's really good of you to drop by, and I'm glad that you liked the piece.:cool:

OP
A

and-

Hi again.

As I mentioned in my first post here, this piece was composed for a table tennis competition in China. So I collected some of my slow motion videoclips and made a table tennis video. The player featured in the video is really good (Nr.3 in the world currently). It was fun for me to demonstrate his amazing skills and abilities.

Of course, it was great to hear my music in the context that the music was originally written for - table tennis. :) Well, here it is:

I just added this video to my first post here - so that people don't need to scroll down the page in order to find it.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom