What's new

Advice Please on Voices of Gaia and Voices of Rapture

You people are breaking down my will and bank account. What? NI deal AND Studio Sopranos!

I thought I had this worked out.
I know how this feels. I had pretty much decided to get Genesis either way. The Soundiron bundle was leaning towards getting it. But the studio sopranos were not on the map anywhere. And now they are. Though they may go down more later. I mean I know I paid a lot more for Insolidus and Lacrimosa and look where they are.

I know how this feels. I had pretty much decided to get Genesis either way. The Soundiron bundle was leaning towards getting it. But the studio sopranos were not on the map anywhere. And now they are. Though they may go down more later. I mean I know I paid a lot more for Insolidus and Lacrimosa and look where they are.
I was tempted by Studio Sopranos, then I heard some artifacts I didn't like in the walkthrough, so it passed.

I just listened to the tenor in VoR - wow. That tipped the scales I am getting this bundle. He has a great voice. The rest of them are good as well. But the tenor sold it for me.

I was tempted by Studio Sopranos, then I heard some artifacts I didn't like in the walkthrough, so it passed.
So, wait until it is closer to $38 is what you are saying? :grin:

I've been wondering if I can apply Melodyne to some of these vocalists. Everyone seems to love Francesca, but I just want to tune her (I've had her for a while and never use her). I'm thinking it is the style that sounds off key to me. I don't normally work in the I don't even know what type of scale it is that she sings in. So maybe that is the problem.

Yes, that is intriguing me too. Gaia and Rapture seem sort of "maybe I'd use them" but the New Studio Sopranos sound lovely to me in the demos, something I am sure I would use. But I don't always trust 8Dio demos.

The Studio Sopranos were $248 and got an update with a new GUI a few months ago with a price of $98. So $78 seems like a nice price. Of course soon they will no doubt go lower. I've always liked 8Dio's Jenifer too.
Yeah, same here. I'm really tempted by it. The little bit that I can find about the New Studio Sopranos from searching on here sounds like people really like the library. I haven't seen much negative yet. I'd love to hear from anyone who currently uses it whether they would recommend especially at this price.

Do you remember which patches you heard the artifacts in in the walkthrough? I'd be interested to listen to that part of the walkthrough as well to see if it can convince me to save my money and pass :thumbsup:

Again....for what it does 78$ is a fantastic deal. Super simple interface...flexible legato....beautiful arcs and the daw tempo sync polyhonic legato is extremely well done.

Do you remember which patches you heard the artifacts in in the walkthrough? I'd be interested to listen to that part of the walkthrough as well to see if it can convince me to save my money and pass :thumbsup:
I don't remember exactly where but I recall it was most noticeable when he got to doing the sample composition near the end, just a lot of transitions that didn't work for me. It's quite possible these can be overcome through other means, but since I was trying to avoid succumbing to GAS I didn't pursue it.

This is pretty persuasive.

this is actually a very good example and how it sounds/plays for me. The only thing I don't like is that every phrase ends with a pretty pronounced vibrato. If I can turn that down, I have not found it. Beautiful voices nonetheless.

Regarding VoR: I don't particularly like this instruments. The alto and tenor are OK, but most of it sounds a bit artificial to me.

And now you can get EW voices of passion, soul, and opera for $299 or maybe less with a discount code at JRRshop. LOL! They do like to make it difficult. :)

I got the bundle. Adey appears to be Kontakt 6 only? At least I get a "this is not authorized yet when using 5. But I'm also getting error messages trying to batch resave it. I may delete it and redownload it. I went through the Adey, Mimi, and a bit of the Requiem lite before needing to go to bed last night. did not like the legato patches. The higher notes also sound tuned. The sustained and staccato are okay, but where they both shine is in the phrases. I'm glad I didn't pay full price or I'd be disappointed.

Requiem lite is actually pretty nice. Only complaint so far is that the words reset when you change notes. I may be missing a setting. I don't know how much I'll use them since I have Mars and Venus from prior bundle sales. But it is definitely a nice choir soundwise.

VOR and VOG were still downloading when I gave up. I was going to play with them tonight but got distracted by the Humble Bundle. :)

I believe it’s Voices of the Empire (not the Passion one). Even better, as I already have Passion. Still, the upcoming Backing Voices sibling is what I want.

For the record, I bought the 8Dio New Studio Sopranos and it's a really great VI. A beautiful legato, and well worth $78. I particularly like that "Airy Ah."

I've been trying it in combination with other libraries, and when I put the legato in Mimi Page next to it... Mimi just didn't measure up as a legato. I still feel okay about my Mimi Page purchase, but it confirmed my decision to not buy the NI Soundiron deal.

For three libraries? Though I don't know anything about them as they haven't been something I was interested in.

Voices of opera is not very good. Voices of soul is beyond niche, and voices of the empire is decent, but all in all 299 is absurd for that bundle

For the record, I bought the 8Dio New Studio Sopranos and it's a really great VI. A beautiful legato, and well worth $78. I particularly like that "Airy Ah."

I've been trying it in combination with other libraries, and when I put the legato in Mimi Page next to it... Mimi just didn't measure up as a legato. I still feel okay about my Mimi Page purchase, but it confirmed my decision to not buy the NI Soundiron deal.
Don't get me thinking about buying it. I don't need to buy any more right now. And when I need more it will go down in price.... (okay, that is hoping based on prior sales)

Top Bottom