Adding Third Party Libraries to Kontakt Library

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Aelfscyne, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Aelfscyne

Aelfscyne New Member

Sep 8, 2018
    I just purchased Fluffy Audio's Rinascimento but am having a devil of a time adding it to my Kontakt library. I tried to use Native Access but it's asking me a for a serial number and my Rinascimento order didn't come with a serial number. I feel like there must be some obvious process that I'm somehow unable to intuitively figure out from the Kontakt or Native Access UI and google searches have proved unhelpful. Any insights would be appreciated!

2. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    It's not a Kontakt Player library. You have to have the full version of Kontakt. If you do you can navigate to the library from the files tab in Kontakt and load the nki from there. You can put it in Quickload for easier access.

3. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    I wish developers would make all of their libraries available as non-NA/full Kontakt. I get that most people have their DAW PCs online - I don't and it's stopping me from acquiring new libraries.

Just wondering if there is any reason why devs can't release both full and player versions and let the consumer choose?

4. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    I assumed developers released Kontakt Player products for protection against their work being pirated.

5. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    I figured that would be a reason - but does it work (everything can be hacked)? And does it hurt legitimate sales? I notice that Audio Imperia released Jaeger as full Kontakt only so there are some devs offering new products and bypassing NA.

6. C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera Popper @ his favorite toy.

Oct 16, 2015
    Coronado CA
    On a side note, good to see you are still alive, General Turgidson. :)

v/r
    Col B. Guano

Kony likes this.
  7. Paul SAS

Paul SAS Developer

Feb 11, 2018
    The main reason behind releasing for Kontakt Full version is that the developer has to pay a lot upfront to Native Instruments only for receiving serials, which can be distributed then. You are really dependent on NI plus it will increase the price even more and to be honest: Most people got Kontakt full today :)