What's new

Adagio (Cinematic Studio Strings Only)

I got sucked in and listened all the way through, very well written -thoroughly enjoyed it. I also love the sound of CSS - thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much! Really happy for you guys liking the piece, it kind of gives me courage to work on some longer more classical pieces and that they are worth the effort/ that I should spend some more time on certain compositions.

I'm testing CSS in a full orchestral project now and I have to say that I'm getting used to it and it might replace HWS. The vibrato is really worth it and the shorts are somewhat tighter.

I'm testing CSS in a full orchestral project now and I have to say that I'm getting used to it and it might replace HWS. The vibrato is really worth it and the shorts are somewhat tighter.

Thye two work really well together, if you are willing to do two separate MIDI performances. That said, in my "Quick Compose" VE Pro template I have made on my iMac for smaller projects. CSS is now the default.

Nice piece, man. :) Very moody. Liking the vibe/atmosphere. Felt like I was watching a Hitchcock movie, hehe. There's also some Badalamenti essence in there. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRF78AGvIoQ (Example) , <3 )

Here's a version with another lib for reference:
https://instaud.io/private/4badc7ad83c3656b1f01a8d1f8b5f9d37c680d18

Amazing how different the same piece can sound while retaining its core. (I probably overdid it a bit, as I kinda got carried away)

I listened and enjoyed a lot. Thank you for sharing.

I have been listening to your music quite a lot since I found your soundcloud page a few months ago.

Some people that know me well, often say that I have a gift for recognizing extraordinaire (this has been used occasionally by companies and projects during my journey).

I think that you have an exceptional talent in composing.

To me music, and art in general, is many times the best when it touches something abstract, profoundly rooted in the essence of a human being and life in general. Something that you feel like you are able to understand in your heart, but the same time cannot grasp, or get a hold of, and feel too difficult or limited to express in words. It starts to haunt you, and the beauty in it is, that it pushes you to find new ways to see and experience things, and thus can lead to expansion of your awareness, because you feel like you are dying to understand more.

That is something I feel is often missing in modern music. One reason may be, this is just my view based on my personal experience, that not too many people can say, with a peace in their heart, that they know themselves. When a deeper connection to yourself or inner dialogue with one's self is missing, it is much more difficult to create something with that kind of deep and profound effect.

To me your music has had the effect I described above.

I hope you keep developing your skills and continue doing what you do.

All the best.

Thye two work really well together, if you are willing to do two separate MIDI performances.

That I will do ofc, just for this project I tried to use only one library to see if it will do well.

@WhiteNoiz Thank you man! Glad you tried it out with your own samples, I'm just not quiet sure if there's some error with the bass line? (Maybe my fault ...)

@FinGael Wow, that's a couple of very nice words, I'm not really sure what to say. Thank you very much!
It's flattering that the music had this effect on you, I think that's what it was meant to have.
I'm trying to compose as much as I can, luckily I still have enough free time to do so. I think it is a training which has to be very constant. That's what I quiet didn't understand when I started composing, just do it almost every day. And the forum feedbacks helps, too. Maybe one can't immediately carry it out, but on the long run you discover situations where you can apply someone's suggestions...

Thank you man! Glad you tried it out with your own samples, I'm just not quiet sure if there's some error with the bass line? (Maybe my fault ...)

Probably mine, not sure. Maybe it's the different re-action to overlaps and dynamics (not sure if you mean tonally or something missing). I made another version; maybe it's better:
https://instaud.io/private/117e06eb381914b8ecb447057dde3d183cab27d4

Can't sit and check it 1:1 now (I didn't alter any notes). Anyway, it's not that important. Cheers.

@FinGael Wow, that's a couple of very nice words, I'm not really sure what to say. Thank you very much!
It's flattering that the music had this effect on you, I think that's what it was meant to have.
I'm trying to compose as much as I can, luckily I still have enough free time to do so. I think it is a training which has to be very constant. That's what I quiet didn't understand when I started composing, just do it almost every day. And the forum feedbacks helps, too. Maybe one can't immediately carry it out, but on the long run you discover situations where you can apply someone's suggestions...

Thanks.

What comes to classical composition and orchestration I am just a novice, and I am sure there is plenty of work for you to do, but I sense something in your composing that to me is rare and something really worth developing, and I felt that it would be beneficial to say it aloud at this point.

Constant training by composing sounds wise.

PS. Sure there are people who think that trusting intuition or your sixth sense is childish nonsense, but it has served me very well so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom