What's new

Adagio (Cinematic Studio Strings Only)

Jorgakis

Hello,

I recently bought CSS because of several great compositions shared on this forum.
I think the sound is really great, the vibrato is the thing I was looking for, BUT...the delay and keyswitching is almost a deal breaker for me... I'm not sure if I can use it properly in a not so legato-driven composition. Anyway it inspired me to write a pretty long-ish adagio. I hope you will like it, although it is somewhat atonal at times and due to that I gave up solving the delay problem it's a bit out of sync...

greetings,

Jorgo

@SilentBob Big thanks for listening to the whole piece! Yes, I thought this, too. Very nice for slow lyrical expressive lines. I haven't tested it in the usual full orchestra environment though..

@johnbusbymusic Thank you!

@BigImpactSound Thanks, and thanks for the follow! CSS sounded very nice on this, although it was a bit weird to handle (for me as a HW Strings user).

Hello,

I recently bought CSS because of several great compositions shared on this forum.
I think the sound is really great, the vibrato is the thing I was looking for, BUT...the delay and keyswitching is almost a deal breaker for me... I'm not sure if I can use it properly in a not so legato-driven composition. Anyway it inspired me to write a pretty long-ish adagio. I hope you will like it, although it is somewhat atonal at times and due to that I gave up solving the delay problem it's a bit out of sync...

greetings,

Jorgo

Well done! Any chance you'd be willing to do a tutorial for certain parts of this?

Well done! Any chance you'd be willing to do a tutorial for certain parts of this?
Hey thx! I've never thought about doing tutorials or such, and I still don't have the equipment. But it's worth thinking about, at least doing some live composing. If I get a decent mic I'll try it out , why not!

@Harry I think it was discussed in the CSS thread. I don't know if I misread or something , but I'm experiencing some timing problems when using the different legato speeds. It never seems to fit to the host tempo, even when setting an appropriate negative delay.

@Harry I think it was discussed in the CSS thread. I don't know if I misread or something , but I'm experiencing some timing problems when using the different legato speeds. It never seems to fit to the host tempo, even when setting an appropriate negative delay.

It has nothing to do with host tempo. There's simply a slow, normal and fast legato and they have different time delays. Fast has a 100ms delay, medium is 200 and slow is 300. It's fixed and consistent. It's just a matter pulling the notes ahead the appropriate amount in the piano roll. There's no "problem" with it.

It has nothing to do with host tempo. There's simply a slow, normal and fast legato and they have different time delays. Fast has a 100ms delay, medium is 200 and slow is 300. It's fixed and consistent. It's just a matter pulling the notes ahead the appropriate amount in the piano roll. There's no "problem" with it.

I'll be looking into that. For me it was a bit frustrating moving the notes around trying to find the right timing , I know that "Problem" from some legato patches from HS but it was solvable, I somehow find it more complicated with CSS.
But in the end it's the price you pay for such a sound so I'm curios to see what one can do with css.

@Lawson. Always glad hearing that. But I totally understand if you don'T want to listen to 16 minutes of unknown string music:DD

@Nils Neumann Thanks Nils, I just uploaded the midi files(the first 2 minutes) and the tempo track. (not quiet sure about uploading everything to the interenet though:D). Hope it helps

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4i7_QpJ_OnMc0Rka2tyakEzLVU

@Oliver_MB Thank you oliver, appreciate!
@sherief83 That's what I was trying to say. Being a HWS fanboy I was sceptical and I bit frustrated by the different approach of CSS. But I slowly get used to it and I think the sound is overall more detailed. So yes I'd buy it:D

That's what I was trying to say. Being a HWS fanboy I was sceptical and I bit frustrated by the different approach of CSS. But I slowly get used to it and I think the sound is overall more detailed. So yes I'd buy it:D

Exactly my experience. The two sound great together, although they require totally different MIDI performances.

Top Bottom