What's new

Acousticsamples releases the VReeds Electric Piano

AcousticsampleS

Following the steps of our B-5 Organ and VTines MK1, we released another Electric Piano instrument using modeling techniques and samples as the sound source.

vreedsscreen01-450x300.jpg

We combined synthesis techniques and sampling to achieve a high level of playability, a completely continuous response (no velocity splits) and allows for advanced note by note tweaking while maintaining a realistic sound all while keeping a very small size of 70MB for two models.

VReeds is based on real samples of two Wurlitzer models, a 200 and a 200A. They were both fully restored with original and well adjusted Reeds, and had a precise action that allowed for a perfect sampling while keeping all of the vintage Wurlitzer sound characteristics.

Modeled Vibrato

We carefully reproduced the shape of the original vibrato circuit. On the original 200, the vibrato rate is fixed, but just like the very common mod, we decided to extend the vibrato capabilities and add a rate control which can be linked to the tempo.

vreedsscreen10-450x300.jpg

Speakers

The stereo amps of Suitcase Electric Pianos have a very recognizable sound. They captured different microphone positions and distances to cover most of the real life recording placements.
On the 200 and 200A models, there are two small Speakers on each side of the front plate, on the 206 and 206A (beige models), there is a bigger speaker cabinet below the keyboard. Both options were captured in both mono or stereo.

vreedsscreen02-450x300.jpg

FX Pedalboard

Electric pianos are often used with FX, so we created an FX panel with the most common ones, each of them is one of the very efficient and high quality FXs made by UVI.

vreedsscreen09-450x300.jpg

Precise adjustments

Modeling also means customization. That is why you can alter the sound of the vreeds like you would on a real electric piano and in a very easy way.

You can adjust many different parameters for each note, for all notes or using a mapper for each parameter.

vreedsscreen08-450x300.jpg

Check out the video demo here:

As well as a comparison between a real 200 and the VReeds EP

And the audio demos:

The vreeds is available at an introductory price of 99€ / $119, owners of our "Wurlie" library get a 50% discount automatically applied to their cart.

https://www.acousticsamples.net/vreeds

Last edited:
Sometimes you think you are totally happy with the emulations you have of an instrument you love, and then you get one like this and it is so much better!

I started with a 140 back in Boston in the '60's and then sold it when I moved to LA in '72 and bought a 400. This sounds and behaves EXACTLY like that one.

Bravo Acousticsamples.

Can I ask when the intro pricing ends?
Is that intro price discounted or is it regular price? Seems to be the same price as standard VTines and B-5 Instruments.

Edit - To clarify I’m not being critical just trying to understand.

Last edited:
That's not an intro price (there isn't any for the VReeds EP), the discounted price is for users that already own our "Wurlie" library which is also a Wurlitzer library, but purely based on samples and that we released a few years ago.
We usually offer all of our updates for free and we did not want our Wurlie users to feel like their product wasn't worth anything anymore.

That's not an intro price (there isn't any for the VReeds EP), the discounted price is for users that already own our "Wurlie" library which is also a Wurlitzer library, but purely based on samples and that we released a few years ago.
We usually offer all of our updates for free and we did not want our Wurlie users to feel like their product wasn't worth anything anymore.
Thank you for clairifying. I was confused as the opening post called it an intro price. All good.

Top Bottom