What's new

Acousticsamples releases the B-5 Organ

How does the leslie simulation compare to Melda's?
Or would this plugin also benefit from a B5 > MVintageRotary chain like VB3...

"King of the hammond hill" would be won by VB3, VB3+Melda, B5 or B5+Melda at the moment it seems.

How does the leslie simulation compare to Melda's?
Or would this plugin also benefit from a B5 > MVintageRotary chain like VB3...

"King of the hammond hill" would be won by VB3, VB3+Melda, B5 or B5+Melda at the moment it seems.

Would have the advantage of combining an amp simulation of the B5 and a rotary speaker. Personally I found the Melda simulation a bit too much but you can adjust many parameters which I haven´t done so far (just using the trial version). I can live pretty well with the B5´s rotary speaker. I now use the Vb3 and the B5 case dependand with the B5 being used slightly more at the moment. But I must admit that the VB3 is still a top notch emulation (if the 32bit bridge within Cubase doesn´t have one of it´s occassional hickups)

The problem, though, is getting the amp in the chain before the leslie...

I actually created a Logic channel strip that does exactly that so I can track my (real) B3 when I don't have my Leslie at the studio, and I have to say, it sounds insanely good. The chain is B3 (Trek 1/4" out) > Apollo DI > Neve 1073 > Logic amp sim of your choice > Logic Rotary plugin > Apple Matrix Reverb for just a bit of "air" around the Leslie. Here's a video from my recent Kickstarter campaign where you can hear it featured (B3 starts at 1:40 if you want to jump right to it):

It's a great solution for Leslie-less setups!

Just a quick message to tell you that the B-5 (along with all of our other instruments) is on sale ;)
... Just in case some of you were interested but were still hesitating ;)

I am trying to control the B-5 organ with this compact "WORLDE Easycontrol 9 MIDI Controller". It's the first time that I try to add a virtual organ to play with my Tyros3 and so, I'm in for something new totally to me...
After hours of trial & error, I figured out that the controller's communication only works, when the B-3 organ App is off or cancelled in B-3 organ App's "MIDI Devices". I also encounter problems with assigning CC# : For instance, when I change the button of CC# 3 to CC#12 , save it and then in "Communication" click "Read Scene Data", then the chosen CC#12 automatically returns to CC#3 and I got nowhere! - How to make it stay in the CC# I have chosen? - How to best assign the controller? ... is the big question. Has any of you figured it out?
I guess the CC# can only be assigned to certain buttons, knobs or sliders?
Maybe the best will be to just control some main functions, such as Leslie speed etc. and Presets to avoid PC mouse adjustments? Since it's affordable, it might turn into the B-5 organ's dedicated controller.
Saludos cordiales, Joh from St'go de Chile

We just released the B-5 Version 2, it is an entirely new product with many new features and a completely different sound.
As a teaser, here is a quick video of a comparison between the B-5 and a real A-100 and Leslie 122 combo

You can get the update from your account or if you don't have it yet, get it from this page: B-5 Organ V2

Top Bottom