What's new

Acousticsamples releases the B-5 Organ

Check this out about 1 minute in.

Saw Rod with The Zombies a few years back and he was great, played his newer Hammond Xk-3c through a Leslie and some kind of amp, could not see what it was.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
He's a fantastic developer, but once guys start maintaining their hardware products the thought of upgrading Apple or Micro$oft synths is so unrewarding.

Even Hammonds get disconnected. Haha!

The trouble with a lot of emulations is you can't turn them on an off while holding down notes, or shake the reverb and flick it on and off on an L100. Couldn't ever do it on a B3 or a C3.

Ok then, since everyone seems to complain about rock stuff, we'll give you rock stuff ;)
You might be aware that we have released the Super II a while ago (a dual manual vox continental), it has a complete amp section, so we'll add that to the B-5, it should be released soon (in the next few days).

Alright guys, since you (and people from other forums) have been asking for a few features including the possibility to make it more Rock oriented, we just added a few features (there will be a newsletter about it given how many new things have been added since the release).

First, we added the Amp section present in our other libraries, so there is a list of about 10 amps in mono or stereo versions including Fender amps, Rhodes and even Bass amps (and others). The last two demos in our demo list are using amps and not the Leslie.

Second, there is the possibility to use the sustain pedal to actually sustain notes.

And then there are a few other things that some of you might already have in their versions like the toggle rotation speed for the pedal, the possibility to assign on/off buttons from hardware keyboards to percussions buttons, the possibility to de-activate the presets keys, a distance knob to control the amount of "room" present in the Leslie simulation (this one is subtle and you can hear it when playing staccato notes without the reverb engaged), and we made the texts bigger for the non-retina screen users (this has been there for a while, but wasn't in the first release).

Gotta check this out.

HX-3 update a while back added a sustain and I eventually found a need so tried it and thought it kind of worked but was hit and miss.
On further inspection found it was a sostenuto which actually is extremely useful.

Some other useful tones that we're really popular were Marshall JCM 800s and the Ring Modulator as it can take a lighter distortion and mangle it nicely as digital distortion becomes too uncontrollable without soft clipping like a real Tube Pre Amp.

And nice post of Argent Jay.
A very progressive player if one were to examine his solo in Time Of The Season and again in Hold Your Head Up.

As corny as this sounds my all time favorite Hammond Player was Earl Grant.
Google his version of Ebb Tide where he uses the B3 to emulate Seagulls. But his corny old playing was totally unique and Damn near impossible to woodshed.

As corny as this sounds my all time favorite Hammond Player was Earl Grant.
Google his version of Ebb Tide where he uses the B3 to emulate Seagulls. But his corny old playing was totally unique and Damn near impossible to woodshed.
Sounds interesting........
Do you also know Walter Wonderly( or Wanderly, can't remember) with the bossa novas? ....... its also in the corny corner.

Old school and impressive playing rhythmicly / musically to me is on Eomir Deodato's 'los Cathedraticos' if my spelling is correct.
There are a number of pieces with a percussive Hammond that are very nice.

(...) my all time favorite Hammond Player (...)

Three of my favourite Hammond moments in pop:
https://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be/SB_Examples/Who%20Knows%20What%20Tomorrow%20May%20Bring.mp3 (<b>Traffic &quot;Who Knows What Tomorrow Will Bring</b>) (Steve Winwood, organ)
https://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be/SB_Examples/On%20A%20Clear%20Day%20(You%20Can%20See%20Forever).mp3 (<b>The Peddlers &quot;On A Clear Day&quot;</b>) (Roy Phillips, organ)
https://users.telenet.be/deridderpiet.be/SB_Examples/Fly%20Like%20An%20Eagle.mp3 (<b>Steve Miller &quot;Fly Like An Eagle&quot;</b>) (Joachim Young, organ)

_

Alright guys, since you (and people from other forums) have been asking for a few features including the possibility to make it more Rock oriented, we just added a few features (there will be a newsletter about it given how many new things have been added since the release).

First, we added the Amp section present in our other libraries, so there is a list of about 10 amps in mono or stereo versions including Fender amps, Rhodes and even Bass amps (and others). The last two demos in our demo list are using amps and not the Leslie.

Second, there is the possibility to use the sustain pedal to actually sustain notes.

And then there are a few other things that some of you might already have in their versions like the toggle rotation speed for the pedal, the possibility to assign on/off buttons from hardware keyboards to percussions buttons, the possibility to de-activate the presets keys, a distance knob to control the amount of "room" present in the Leslie simulation (this one is subtle and you can hear it when playing staccato notes without the reverb engaged), and we made the texts bigger for the non-retina screen users (this has been there for a while, but wasn't in the first release).

Is the update online already? Will the amplifiers integrate with the rotary Speaker (organ -> amp/reverb -> rotary Speaker) or will it be either amp or rotary speaker?
Best regards and thank you for your brilliant support
Raindog

Is the update online already? Will the amplifiers integrate with the rotary Speaker (organ -> amp/reverb -> rotary Speaker) or will it be either amp or rotary speaker?
Best regards and thank you for your brilliant support
Raindog
Yes, it's online, we'll send a quick newsletter about it today.
And no, it's wether the amp simulation or the rotary speaker simulation, both are amps, so it's one or the other ;)

Should be easy to go into back-end instrument editing and enable both the amp and the Leslie at the same time, if you run B5 in Falcon...

No, i'm afraid you can't do that, we now protect our presets to avoid users to mess with the effects and break the script, you have no idea how much support we get from that...

Well that's a bummer then. :/ I can certainly see the feasibility of organ->amp (no cab)->leslie chain, though. Get some filth out there that way. :)

It does not really make any sense though... the Leslie sim comes with an IR... if you use an IR and then go in the Leslie Sim, it just sounds horribly bad (i've tested this by mistake)... i know you meant "no cab", but amp sim in UVI is usually IRs, and the Irs contain both the amp and the cab...
But we had to make a decision here, it's not possible to give that much flexibility in a sample library even if i would love to (in UVI, or Kontakt) without making it too CPU hungry or very hard to maintain.

Top Bottom