AcousticSamples guitar libraries: what are you experiences?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by RobbertZH, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Raindog

Raindog Senior Member

Oct 30, 2006
    No idea as I never use patterns but use the strumming engine all the time. In this regard Acousticsample libraries are hard to beat. Just bought the Stratocaster while the sale is on. Simply one of the best Stratocaster plugins out there not only for strumming....

2. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    There are a number of very good classical guitars. Here are just three:

As far as I know, none of these comes with articulations meant specifically for flamenco. I thought I could recall previous threads about flamenco guitar but I'm not finding them right now.

Morodiene likes this.
  3. Morodiene

Morodiene Senior Moment

Dec 21, 2015
    @Raindog and @rrichard63 thanks for the info on these. I may just go with Gypsy on composer cloud for cheap since this is for one specific piece. :)

4. OP
    OP
    RobbertZH

RobbertZH Member

Mar 20, 2013
    For play-it-yourself strumming (or fingerpicking), it seems that AcousticSamples libraries has similar functionality as RealGuitar, namely: play a chord, then strum the 6 snares by playing 6 keys.
    When I want this, but with another guitar sound then offered by RealGuitar, I redirect (in my DAW) the midi output from RealGuitar to the other guitar library (like VIR2 Acou6tics). That works well.

Does the strumming engine of AcousticSamples offer much more (options or realism) then the engine of RealGuitar?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    I don't have RealGuitar, so I can't compare, but I can confirm that AcousticSamples strumming engine is easy to use and get very convincing results.

6. Raindog

Raindog Senior Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Acousticsamples strumming engine is comparable (but not better) with RG. But the sound of the guitars is far better than RG. RG had (and still has) one of the best strumming engines out there but the libraries are a little bit on the weak side compared with the current competitors. Just my opinion though.

7. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Same here. AcousticSamples guitars are very good indeed. Some of my favorite ones.