1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute Favorite Orchestral V.I. Presets

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Parsifal666, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Hokay maing! Your favorite, possibly abused, patches/presets amongst orchestral and solo v.i.s, please!

I vote for for the 12 Flutes patch in the Bernard Herrmann Toolkit, I just love the sound.

There's also the only patch I practically ever use from Albion One, which is the spicc/stacc patch. Though still roomy as hell, it is a really cool patch imo.

I have others but I'd love to hear what you folks like best!

richardt4520 and N.Caffrey like this.
  2. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Could you post an example? As a flautist, I'm curious to hear it

3. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I would, but it would be a sorry example because I suck! If you want to hear a killer (though short) example of the might of the 12 flute ensemble (and how well it fits with the wonderfully overbearing brass and timpani), check the vid below.

richardt4520 and N.Caffrey like this.
  4. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Sounds great. Had the pleasure to meet Esa-Pekka some time ago.

Parsifal666 likes this.
  5. richardt4520

richardt4520 Senior Member

Feb 2, 2018
    For me, i can't get away from the Low Brass and Low Brass Nasty patches in Albion One. Those are pretty much the only patches i use out of all my Albions (1, 2, and 4). They have, as my old band director would call it, "Blat"! Lol Trailer brass is catching up on it pretty quickly though since i purchased it.

Parsifal666 likes this.
  6. jbuhler

jbuhler Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I love combining the Nutcracker preset from Spitfire's Masse with a multi set up to do full choir from Oceania. It's just really fun to play. I also adore the longest of the chamber waves from the OA Chamber Evolutions. The Spitfire Chamber Strings ensemble patches, especially the flautando and the spicattos are workhorses for sketching. I also find myself loading up the original version of the Virharmonic Bohemian Violin because it is so responsive for a certain kind of melancholic noodling (and the second version doesn't do this nearly so well).

Parsifal666 and richardt4520 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    He's excellent imo.

Aw heck, I spaced the Brass...I think it's because I usually just dig out Iceni for that sound (and that can be verrrrry nasty to my ears).

richardt4520 likes this.
  8. mikefrommontreal

mikefrommontreal Active Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Great topic. The first thing that comes to mind is the Studio Orchestra Shorts and Trombones patch from BHOC. As well I do love the Bassoon in VSL Special edition, Especially in it's high register oddly enough. It nails that Daphnis and Chloe singing bassoon tone.

richardt4520 and Parsifal666 like this.
  9. LamaRose

LamaRose Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Tina Guo totally naked... that's no verb for you dirty-minded perverts out there...

10. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

In the new Berlin Inspire 2 I love the Flautando Strings and Woodwind ensemble patch. The tiny hint of the woodwinds make it just enough different to build a richer foundation.

Parsifal666 and Fry777 like this.
  11. MillsMixx

MillsMixx Production Director/Sound Designer

Jan 23, 2015
    Seattle
    I really love the the smooth softness of the new Low Brass Hymnium sustain patch in Inspire 2.
    Low Brass Hymnium.JPG

Equally impressive is the Albion II HornEuph patch which going back into my older libraries is pretty close in sound and texture. Both lovely indeed for a soft low end.
    Horn Euph.JPG

Attached Files:

Fry777, Parsifal666, Saxer and 2 others like this.
  12. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    HZ Strings Super Flautandos
    Performance Samples Bass Trombones
    Berlin Strings Feathered Spicc and Exposed Spicc
    and yes, the Low Brass Hymnium patch of OT inspire is great!