What's new

Abbey Road Studios Film Scoring Competition Announced!

OP
Leslie Fuller

Leslie Fuller

I was gonna make that announcement but I see I was beaten to the punch, lol. I checked their website each day this week and finally they posted an announcement.

I have never entered a competition as an adult. As a youth I entered art contests but never really made finalist. So this is exciting to make finalist as a newbie and a first time entrant.

I wish nothing but great luck to anyone else on here who entered and made the shortlist.
Congratulations are in order! :dancer:

Thanks for doing that.

I have been busy with prepping for the next Contest "The Orchestra - Horns of Hell" due in the next 3 weeks. Also, was asked to create some music for a trailer, worked for 5 days straight to create an initial concept and now the person is not responding to my DMs and texts. I did not hand over anything to him as my example for review is on YouTube and still copyrighted to me. LOL. Now I am turning my attention to the above said contest.

Anyway, thanks again for responding to the person asking to see my entry.

MusicalG

Thanks for doing that.

I have been busy with prepping for the next Contest "The Orchestra - Horns of Hell" due in the next 3 weeks. Also, was asked to create some music for a trailer, worked for 5 days straight to create an initial concept and now the person is not responding to my DMs and texts. I did not hand over anything to him as my example for review is on YouTube and still copyrighted to me. LOL. Now I am turning my attention to the above said contest.

Anyway, thanks again for responding to the person asking to see my entry.
No worries mate, you’re very good at what you do, very good, a stronger approach than I took obviously, but you showed off your horror skills big time. I wish you the very best of luck in the competition and with your future, you’re very talented.

sorry your guy never got back to you, that’s just rude but there could be a genuine reason... keep on keeping on :)
Christian x

No worries mate, you’re very good at what you do, very good, a stronger approach than I took obviously, but you showed off your horror skills big time. I wish you the very best of luck in the competition and with your future, you’re very talented.

sorry your guy never got back to you, that’s just rude but there could be a genuine reason... keep on keeping on :)
Christian x
I am not upset, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. That is why I posted in YouTube and several other social media platforms, tagging him so it alerts him on many different levels. I also provided him my personal contact info and email. And if he did just decide to go the other way, then I ended up with a composition I can use on something else, lol.

MusicalG

I am not upset, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. That is why I posted in YouTube and several other social media platforms, tagging him so it alerts him on many different levels. I also provided him my personal contact info and email. And if he did just decide to go the other way, then I ended up with a composition I can use on something else, lol.
Great attitude to have buddy, it’s all good practice and experience and you’ll grow from it. If he doesn’t get in touch I am sure someone else will :) x

Great attitude to have buddy, it’s all good practice and experience and you’ll grow from it. If he doesn’t get in touch I am sure someone else will :) x
If you haven't already, check out Junkie XL's At The Speed of Force" remix project. He supplies the actual guitar stems for anyone interested to remix with their own original music. Then post to social media and soundcloud with a specific hashtag he provides and he will feature the ones he really likes. It is not a contest but it is due by May 31, 2021.

I am gonna give this a shot in the meantime as well.

MusicalG

If you haven't already, check out Junkie XL's At The Speed of Force" remix project. He supplies the actual guitar stems for anyone interested to remix with their own original music. Then post to social media and soundcloud with a specific hashtag he provides and he will feature the ones he really likes. It is not a contest but it is due by May 31, 2021.

I am gonna give this a shot in the meantime as well.

Brilliant good luck buddy, I need to get on with my album, I am a singer - songwriter really, so this was something new for me, hence being a bit shocked when I got shortlisted. I would have quite happily enjoyed the vibe and the kindness and compliments and criticisms of others. It was a lovely atmosphere, and so great to hear so many different approaches. :)

OP
Leslie Fuller

Leslie Fuller

WINNER ANNOUNCED - 12th May 2021!!

Abbey Road Studios posted on their Instagram earlier today, that the winner of the Film Scoring Competition was: Lauren Tiffany. :2thumbs:

Last edited:
Top Bottom