What's new

Aaron Venture Infinite Brass

Thats why I prefer wet, baked-in sounds - no messing around, just instant perfection working right out of the box.
Which ultimately leads to to everyone having the same baked-in sound. Not the worst thing in the world, by any means, especially if you're making money.
Even without deadlines, some of us just want a good, baseline sound so we can focus entirely on the music.
For me a good baseline sound is a dry sound that I can play with. I find the mixing to be PART of the music, personally. But I get your point.

Sorry, I post it here:

Hi Aaron, could I ask you to make a tutorial to show how to achieve special effects (like rips and other FX) and maybe think to an articulation parallel method to achieve some of this easily, like with SM Brass?

I can't wait for the updates to come. I'm enjoying your library and trying to set it up for my template.

Thank you.

Yeah, I can do that. More detail into rips, bends clusters, bends and general aleatorics. Any more specifics or examples you'd like to see?

Regarding updates, I was initially planning to release them 1 by 1, but decided to do a bigger one instead which will cover all the instruments. If everything continues to go according to plan, it should be live by the end of the week.

Yeah, I can do that. More detail into rips, bends clusters, bends and general aleatorics. Any more specifics or examples you'd like to see?

Regarding updates, I was initially planning to release them 1 by 1, but decided to do a bigger one instead which will cover all the instruments. If everything continues to go according to plan, it should be live by the end of the week.

First of all, I'm very happy to have bought your library, your support is great, I think it is very rare.

Basically for the articulation/FXs you could listen to some John Williams soundtrack.

Anyway I'd like to see covered pretty every possible "special articulation" like:

• Pitch bends and bends in general (as you already said);
  • Rips (up and down);
  • Runs (up and down);
  • More on double, triple tonguing (you already showed some in the walkthrough);
  • Trills (this is an easy one);
  • Fortepiano;
  • Some repetitions (16th notes maybe, to show how shorts work in a repetition phrase);
  • Sforzando;
  • There's another one but I don't remember how it's called. It's a sort of explosion, I managed to do it in an old piece of mine by working a lot on an articulation I had (I don't remember the library name, it was a long time ago). The track is this (02:30 and it repeats after a few seconds):

Listen carefully because it is not in the foreground. It's some sort of sforzando, a sort of blow/staccato. I don't know, I'm not a brass player. Let me know if you understand.

If some other thing came to my mind I'll let you know.

Obviously I think I know how to do some of them technically but the goal is how to achieve them realistically.

Another note: I like so much the possibility to switch between velocity or dynamics for the attack, I think I'll use this a lot in a possible strings library. For the brass I'm going all on the dynamics because it happened that while I'm doing a soft passage I pressed to hard the keys and I got a strong attack. I did this also to align the brass with SM brass, I'm using a breath controller.

I have still to do more experiments and maybe I'll go again for the first method.

PS I'm happy to hear that an update will came in a few days.

Last edited:
Hi Aaron, any news on the update and the tutorial? I'm waiting for the update to end my template rebuilding.

Thank you. :)

Update 1.1 is live now. Everyone who purchased has already received an email.

Patch Notes – v1.1 (December 20th 2018)
Global
  • Processing of samples scaled back — less modwheel input required for a more natural sound
  • Pitch fluctuation adjustments for all instruments — better-sounding unisons
  • Project vision moved away from having different "colors" on different positions — re-balanced all of the IRs towards a consistent tone of each instrument family across all positions/rooms (room resonances remain untouched).
  • Added the Playable Vibrato switch for each instrument (the "Play" icon next to the Vibrato Intensity slider) — Switching it off will prevent you from playing vibrato right on the modwheel, and prevent the script from making predictions as to whether you're attempting to play vibrato based on the modwheel pattern, as well as causing minor pitch changes on fast movements
  • Dynamic Range slider extended, and maintaining roughly the same volume across all dynamics is now possible

Trombones
  • Minor adjustments to attack strength based on velocity (a bit easier to play softer attacks)
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments in the lower octaves - more natural sound
  • Fixed imaging on Spot mics for positions R 1 - R 6 in the Scoring Stage

Tubas
  • IR Mic Positions Re-Mixed - a more roomy sound on Main and Ambient mics

Trumpets
  • Minor adjustments to the way attacks sound
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments across the entire range

Horns

Update 1.1 is live now. Everyone who purchased has already received an email.

Patch Notes – v1.1 (December 20th 2018)
Global
  • Processing of samples scaled back — less modwheel input required for a more natural sound
  • Pitch fluctuation adjustments for all instruments — better-sounding unisons
  • Project vision moved away from having different "colors" on different positions — re-balanced all of the IRs towards a consistent tone of each instrument family across all positions/rooms (room resonances remain untouched).
  • Added the Playable Vibrato switch for each instrument (the "Play" icon next to the Vibrato Intensity slider) — Switching it off will prevent you from playing vibrato right on the modwheel, and prevent the script from making predictions as to whether you're attempting to play vibrato based on the modwheel pattern, as well as causing minor pitch changes on fast movements
  • Dynamic Range slider extended, and maintaining roughly the same volume across all dynamics is now possible

Trombones
  • Minor adjustments to attack strength based on velocity (a bit easier to play softer attacks)
  • Fixed imaging on Spot mics for positions R 1 - R 6 in the Scoring Stage

Tubas
  • IR Mic Positions Re-Mixed - a more roomy sound on Main and Ambient mics

Trumpets
  • Minor adjustments to the way attacks sound

Horns

Sweet. @aaronventure - I know that people will have differing views on the tone of the instruments (though that said, very very sample libraries are spared that critique!) but I'm loving the agility of these.

Due to work, I wasn't able to do justice to an Independence Day mockup, and the truth is, I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to mocking up. That said, I found mocking up those ridiculous trumpet figures from the opening of Independence Day, an absolute breeze. The performance/feeling of the instruments is superb. And when I say that, I'm coming from the POV of someone who can only draw these things in, as I just can't play. And it is awesome to sculpt everything in one track.

Looking forward to downloading this and seeing the difference.

This is a very big part of the update. I think you'll love it.

I'm also glad you're really getting the use out of these and finding it a breeze. It should be even better and slightly easier now!

Thank you. I contacted fastspring to ask them how to get v1.1. I was sent a link to download the library again. I extracted the compressed file and simply pointed it to where the original library was. I'm assuming this does the trick @aaronventure ?

What's the best way for me to check/confirm that I am actually using the updated version?

Thanks!

Thank you. I contacted fastspring to ask them how to get v1.1. I was sent a link to download the library again. I extracted the compressed file and simply pointed it to where the original library was. I'm assuming this does the trick @aaronventure ?

What's the best way for me to check/confirm that I am actually using the updated version?

Thanks!
Folder should be called "Aaron Venture Infinite Brass 1.1". Move it wherever you want, and use the instruments from that folder. Remove the old one if you wish. I wouldn't suggest merging folders, as then your old projects will use the new stuff, but with old Instruments.

Folder should be called "Aaron Venture Infinite Brass 1.1". Move it wherever you want, and use the instruments from that folder. Remove the old one if you wish. I wouldn't suggest merging folders, as then your old projects will use the new stuff, but with old Instruments.

Wait, I overwritten the old stuff with the new stuff from folder 1.1 (the new instruments too) then I loaded a template with your instruments in it. It should be updated with the new instruments, how is it possible that it uses the old ones?

Wait, I overwritten the old stuff with the new stuff from folder 1.1 (the new instruments too) then I loaded a template with your instruments in it. It should be updated with the new instruments, how is it possible that it uses the old ones?

I did the same thing! I guess I'll reload the instruments just in case.

I did the same thing! I guess I'll reload the instruments just in case.

My template in Reaper has all the tracks offline so it loads faster. Every time I want to play or use some track I put it online and then I play it. By doing this the instrument loads every time I open a new template and I put online the tracks. I think it is enough but correct me if I'm wrong.

You HAVE to swap in the new instruments. The NKIs that you load into your Kontakt instance are saved in the project itself.

You can try it out: Load an instrument into a Kontakt instance, save the project, exit DAW, rename the library folder and try open the project again. It won't be able to locate the files, but it will still be able to load the NKI. It won't load the resources so if you head over to the script editor, it will be empty and the GUI will be all messed up.

So right now you're using v1.1 IRs, scripts and samples with v1.0 instruments. Just replace them.

You HAVE to swap in the new instruments. The NKIs that you load into your Kontakt instance are saved in the project itself.

You can try it out: Load an instrument into a Kontakt instance, save the project, exit DAW, rename the library folder and try open the project again. It won't be able to locate the files, but it will still be able to load the NKI. It won't load the resources so if you head over to the script editor, it will be empty and the GUI will be all messed up.

So right now you're using v1.1 IRs, scripts and samples with v1.0 instruments. Just replace them.

Thank you! Very helpful as always, Aaron.

So even if I put my tracks offline I have to replace the patch, right? By doing like this I loose all my custom settings on the instruments (learned CCs etc...), is there a way to preserve them?

Top Bottom