What's new

Aaron Venture Infinite Brass

DANIELE

I almost forgot a thing! I noticed that at dynamics 0 I still hear a ppp sound, is it possible to start from silence (useful for very soft passages or for a piece start or ending)?

Thank you.

aaronventure

I almost forgot a thing! I noticed that at dynamics 0 I still hear a ppp sound, is it possible to start from silence (useful for very soft passages or for a piece start or ending)?

Thank you.
Right now you have three options:

1. Manually dial in the volume fades using CC11 (the Volume slider in the UI). Depending on how often you wanna start or end with the silence, this might be the best option.

2. Use a CC Mapper to link CC11 to CC1, and create a curve that will do exactly that - have a volume impact at the lowest values of CC1.

3. If you plan on using CC11 and don't want it perma-linked to CC1, assign a controller to the actual volume slider of the instrument (upper right corner) and then link that to CC1.

DANIELE

Right now you have three options:

1. Manually dial in the volume fades using CC11 (the Volume slider in the UI). Depending on how often you wanna start or end with the silence, this might be the best option.

2. Use a CC Mapper to link CC11 to CC1, and create a curve that will do exactly that - have a volume impact at the lowest values of CC1.

3. If you plan on using CC11 and don't want it perma-linked to CC1, assign a controller to the actual volume slider of the instrument (upper right corner) and then link that to CC1.
Happy new year!

Actually I think I'll go for the 1 (I already know how to do it). I'd like to do it with one control but I imagine that this has to do with the scripts behind the curtains. I had the same "issue" with some audio modeling instruments and by using the second option (or the third one) you loose the release of the instrument by using a breath controller. The solution will be 14bit MIDI but it's a long story.

Talking about improovements you could put some options to have a more fat "epic" sound or a more orchestral one in the UI (by working on some EQing and convolution reverb on the instruments): I tried to compare 1 IB horn with 1 Cinematic Studio Brass Horn and I feel the differences. I don't like CSB for the low playability anyway.
I tried already to use only the ambient mic but it is not the same.

I love your instruments and I love the sound of them (I'll buy it again) but I think that having this choice will be a great improvement, if possible obviously. I want to be clear: I don't want to loose the sound they have right now, I'd like to add some more options.

Oh and...how is the tutorial going?

Thank you Aaron. :)

I like music

Happy new year!

Actually I think I'll go for the 1 (I already know how to do it). I'd like to do it with one control but I imagine that this has to do with the scripts behind the curtains. I had the same "issue" with some audio modeling instruments and by using the second option (or the third one) you loose the release of the instrument by using a breath controller. The solution will be 14bit MIDI but it's a long story.

Talking about improovements you could put some options to have a more fat "epic" sound or a more orchestral one in the UI (by working on some EQing and convolution reverb on the instruments): I tried to compare 1 IB horn with 1 Cinematic Studio Brass Horn and I feel the differences. I don't like CSB for the low playability anyway.
I tried already to use only the ambient mic but it is not the same.

I love your instruments and I love the sound of them (I'll buy it again) but I think that having this choice will be a great improvement, if possible obviously. I want to be clear: I don't want to loose the sound they have right now, I'd like to add some more options.

Oh and...how is the tutorial going?

Thank you Aaron. :)
Agreed. Even though the tone itself is different to the likes of CSB which I have and love, and I think has space for improvement, something about these instruments means I'm spending more time with them than any other library I have. Can't put my finger on it. But I really like *something* about them. I guess it's the flexibility and the fact that I can get the musical intent of a varied phrase across better than with other libraries. Aaron looking forward to whatever else you add to this (tutorials, tips, altered sound, expansions) because there's a shit load more potential here, and I'm just scratching the surface.

DANIELE

Agreed. Even though the tone itself is different to the likes of CSB which I have and love, and I think has space for improvement, something about these instruments means I'm spending more time with them than any other library I have. Can't put my finger on it. But I really like *something* about them. I guess it's the flexibility and the fact that I can get the musical intent of a varied phrase across better than with other libraries. Aaron looking forward to whatever else you add to this (tutorials, tips, altered sound, expansions) because there's a shit load more potential here, and I'm just scratching the surface.
I'm trying to leave as much as possible the keyswitching method, it is so distracting for me. I love this approach and I hope many others take this as an example. I love to have the full control over my instruments.

aaronventure

Hey, sorry for missing the posts here, I've been mostly offline in order to get Infinite Brass to version 1.2, which is now live.

Horns have been completely reworked, and there are major improvements to attacks and unison playing across the board.

I've created a short video where I demonstrate the changes and where you can hear the updated instruments and touch on the new Glide Depth and Character features.

DANIELE

Hey, sorry for missing the posts here, I've been mostly offline in order to get Infinite Brass to version 1.2, which is now live.

Horns have been completely reworked, and there are major improvements to attacks and unison playing across the board.

I've created a short video where I demonstrate the changes and where you can hear the updated instruments and touch on the new Glide Depth and Character features.

Thank you Aaron, can't wait to try this out!!

DMDComposer

WOW! Aaron I'm extremely impressed by those horns... this update is huge. Fantastic work mate. You're becoming one of the best library dev's just because of how much you care about feedback and consistently updating your product to become the best it can be. Brilliant man. :dancer:

DANIELE

The character selection is a must. You are awesome, I'm going to try this update.

So now hurry up and while you keep support for this great library do some strings and woodwinds, I expect to play with them at the end of this month. :D

I'm just kidding....maybe not so much! :D

Jay Panikkar

Introduce A Little Anarchy
Been binge watching and listening to Infinite Brass content. In my opinion, this is a "next gen" sample library.

However, I'm going to hold off until more volumes of the series are released, mainly because I don't want to pay to become a beta tester for new techniques/technology.

I like music

Been binge watching and listening to Infinite Brass content. In my opinion, this is a "next gen" sample library.

However, I'm going to hold off until more volumes of the series are released, mainly because I don't want to pay to become a beta tester for new techniques/technology.
I'll say one thing. He's taking feedback fast, and he's iterating quickly too. Already the library sounds much better than when it was released. Excellent library. The only questions I had initially were around tone a little bit, but then I was comparing it to libraries recorded in halls where their tone just is. But already Aaron is improving this considerably. And the rest of the concept, the musical intent behind what you're writing, is far easier to get with this library than with a few others I've tried. I've promised a few times already, to upload some mock-ups, so that people can have more examples with which to make up their minds. But work got in the way so the last few months have been meagre as far as completing the mock-ups.

As soon as I do upload, I will tag you if you'd like.

DANIELE

I played a bit with the library and I must say that there are improvements in the sound, now it seems warmer and richer, I've to analyze better the differences between the four characters.

How could I manage to change the character for all the instruments all together without having to change it for every single one of them?
The menu is not cc-able so I have to change it manually for each instrument every time I want to change my brass character.
Anyway great improvement, so good!!

Jay Panikkar

Introduce A Little Anarchy
I'll say one thing. He's taking feedback fast, and he's iterating quickly too. Already the library sounds much better than when it was released. Excellent library. The only questions I had initially were around tone a little bit, but then I was comparing it to libraries recorded in halls where their tone just is. But already Aaron is improving this considerably. And the rest of the concept, the musical intent behind what you're writing, is far easier to get with this library than with a few others I've tried. I've promised a few times already, to upload some mock-ups, so that people can have more examples with which to make up their minds. But work got in the way so the last few months have been meagre as far as completing the mock-ups.

As soon as I do upload, I will tag you if you'd like.
I didn't hear anything particularly "off" with the first version that couldn't be fixed with some EQ, but the v1.2 instruments apparently sound better out of the box. Kudos to @aaronventure for acknowledging and acting upon feedback.

And yes please, I would love to hear some mockup tracks.

DANIELE

After a few tries I realized that I cannot use Snapshot function in Kontakt to reload my settings on the new version, it change something under the hood and I don't use the 1.2 version. With Tenor Trombones by loading previous settings I get an out of tune result with the instrument.

So as an advice don't use snapshot with every update, you have to setup your instruments manually. ;)

I like music

After a few tries I realized that I cannot use Snapshot function in Kontakt to reload my settings on the new version, it change something under the hood and I don't use the 1.2 version. With Tenor Trombones by loading previous settings I get an out of tune result with the instrument.

So as an advice don't use snapshot with every update, you have to setup your instruments manually. ;)
So basically, if I take the 1.2 folder, copy-paste its contents into the 1.1 folder, then point Kontakt to that folder, then load the instruments from Kontakt afresh, I'll have 1.2 right?

I like music

How are you finding the update so far? I won't get to play with it for a long while, so keen to hear user impressions.

DANIELE

So basically, if I take the 1.2 folder, copy-paste its contents into the 1.1 folder, then point Kontakt to that folder, then load the instruments from Kontakt afresh, I'll have 1.2 right?
Right. The only way is to load the instrument again.

How are you finding the update so far? I won't get to play with it for a long while, so keen to hear user impressions.
I'm playing a bit with horns and they sounds great together, I'm trying a combination of 12 horns and it is massive, they sound better than the first version. I'm going with "normal" character. I like the sound overall and the sharper attack. I tried with very fast staccato passages and they sounds great. I've to try the library in some mockup but right now I don't want any other brass library out there and I want now a string library like this.

I'll try to compare it with other libraries maybe.

I like music

Right. The only way is to load the instrument again.

I'm playing a bit with horns and they sounds great together, I'm trying a combination of 12 horns and it is massive, they sound better than the first version. I'm going with "normal" character. I like the sound overall and the sharper attack. I tried with very fast staccato passages and they sounds great. I've to try the library in some mockup but right now I don't want any other brass library out there and I want now a string library like this.

I'll try to compare it with other libraries maybe.
Very cool. Have you tried any choral passages e.g. soft chords with individual horns etc? Can't believe I have it downloaded but won't get to play them for a few more weeks ... Aaron needs to slow the updates down (no no, joking, keep em coming)

EDIT: BTW I never checked out the "Chorus" effect on the horns. What does that button do?

DANIELE

Very cool. Have you tried any choral passages e.g. soft chords with individual horns etc? Can't believe I have it downloaded but won't get to play them for a few more weeks ... Aaron needs to slow the updates down (no no, joking, keep em coming)

EDIT: BTW I never checked out the "Chorus" effect on the horns. What does that button do?
I tried it yes and I love it!!

I didn't try the chorus but I think it is for "extend" the sound of one horn like there are more players. They explain it in the tutorial but I don't remember well right now.

I'll give a better feedback when finally I'll make to try them in some track.

Top Bottom