What's new

Aaron Venture Infinite Brass - Update v1.2 is live!

My pain with samples (esp with brass) is always with not being able to go between short staccato passages to lyrical phrases. I'm so hoping this will solve it. Had my heart set on CSB but now this is right in the running.

The point is that with conventional sample libraries is that you are stuck to the samples note length and build in performances more or less. Sure sometimes they offer like time machine patches where you can alter note lengths. Infinite Brass falls much more into the sample modeling concept where you create the performance. That means also that have much more fluidity between shorter notes and longer notes and because of the phase aligned aspect no bumps in dynamics. However I am pretty sure @aaronventure will shed some light on all that in his walkthrough video.

When it is planned to came out?
Very, very soon :D

Is this going to be one of those that is lighter on RAM, heavier on processor?
It averages at ~60 MB per instrument at the default buffer size. If you want to reduce it further, you can, for example, only use Trumpet 1 and then use the transpose options. If you plan to only use 3 trumpets, the transposed ones will be barely noticeable, because Infinite Brass was recorded chromatically, so you would only use Transpose -1 and Transpose +1 options (99% of the libraries today are recorded diatonically, meaning that half of the library is transposed by 1 semitone and no one seems to notice it), and then change the positions (to avoid phasing), which will let you have 3 Trumpets at the price of one. That way, you can load an entire brass section in about 300MB of RAM, but missing out on some minor differences in attack behavior, pitch fluctuation etc., since you're using the same instruments, only transposed.

It's not very CPU heavy. Any one instrument certainly isn't heavier than some Performance patches some libraries offer. The only time there are more than 5 voices per instrument playing are the few miliseconds during a legato transition. The "Mixed Mic" will let you switch to only one Convolution unit instead of 3, where you can choose from 5 pre-mixed distances. You can then disable "Mixed Mic" with a CC controller before rendering.

You absolutely can run this thing on a laptop, or a 2014 i5.

The point is that with conventional sample libraries is that you are stuck to the samples note length and build in performances more or less. Sure sometimes they offer like time machine patches where you can alter note lengths. Infinite Brass falls much more into the sample modeling concept where you create the performance. That means also that have much more fluidity between shorter notes and longer notes and because of the phase aligned aspect no bumps in dynamics. However I am pretty sure @aaronventure will shed some light on all that in his walkthrough video.

I hope it goes really well for you guys. Keen to see some solo examples too, as I imagine they'll sound fantastic. I'm imagining then that it is a pretty damn dry library? Sorry for all the questions. Just very excited to see more.

I hope it goes really well for you guys. Keen to see some solo examples too, as I imagine they'll sound fantastic. I'm imagining then that it is a pretty damn dry library? Sorry for all the questions. Just very excited to see more.

In the source, yes. But you have 4 rooms available, as well as 3 mic positions to dial in the ambience however you see fit. Use the bigger halls, or use smaller rooms and add your own algorithmic reverb... whatever you want.

The brass in the demos is out-of-the-box, and only Starchild has a very small amount of algorithmic hall reverb.

Well God Damn.

Log on to VI-C for internet addiction and look what we have here. What a surprise !

Looks like my 4-5 year run of not buying a library will be coming to an end.

Does it work for big band type materials. Basically, can I get high and write funk music with it ?
Hey Doug, you ayatollah of rock and rolla. I think so. More in the walkthrough then :D

Where I live, when people say "very, very soon" it means 24-48 hours. What does it mean (in hours) where you live? :D

Are you buying it? Since there are no walkthroughs yet I will be looking forward to hearing your opinion. Will you post examples?

EDIT. @aaronventure is this compatible with breath controllers?

Last edited:
Are you buying it? Since there are no walkthroughs yet I will be looking forward to hearing your opinion. Will you post examples?

I'm going to wait to see some more walkthroughs etc but I'm quite likely to buy early at this point unless some completely new info materialises which sways me the other way. Of course, if I do get it, I'll upload examples ASAP!

I will not by any means let anyone purchase Infinite Brass before putting up a 30min+ walkthrough.

You can assign your breath controller to CC1 and play it in that way, but note velocity will still determine what are the initial "attack" dynamics of the note, so it might take some getting used to. It was designed to be very easy and intuitive to play relying on just note velocity, note duration and CC1 95% of the time.

Does it work for big band type materials. Basically, can I get high and write funk music with it ?
Sure thing. Works for flamenco as well.

Where I live, when people say "very, very soon" it means 24-48 hours. What does it mean (in hours) where you live? :D

I second that question. :D

I will not by any means let anyone purchase Infinite Brass before putting up a 30min+ walkthrough.

You can assign your breath controller to CC1 and play it in that way, but note velocity will still determine what are the initial "attack" dynamics of the note, so it might take some getting used to. It was designed to be very easy and intuitive to play relying on just note velocity, note duration and CC1 95% of the time.

Sure thing. Works for flamenco as well.

So you want be able to do fast sharp attacks with the power of your breath, is it correct? Why don't you give the option to choose between various control behaviors?

You can choose with SM Brass or Swam Instruments for example.

Thank you.

My wife tells me that I don't listen very well. So I'm going to believe her, and apply the sentiment here. What I'm hearing from the demos has sounded very, very, good. Yet the thread isn't nearly as bustling as I had imagined it would be, for a library that sounds this good.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason there isn't more discussion here, about what sounds like a potentially excellent library? Are others hearing something I'm not? Hoping my wife will be proved wrong and my ears are in fact, good.

So you want be able to do fast sharp attacks with the power of your breath, is it correct? Why don't you give the option to choose between various control behaviors?

You can choose with SM Brass or Swam Instruments for example.

Thank you.

There are a LOT of modulators related to the way a note attack sounds and they rely on Note Velocity.

There are "Crescendo Range" and "Crescendo Time" knobs that determine the range of the soft and hard attack scripts, and the ramp up time of the soft attack "crescendo" that you can use to your advantage. If you were to reduce it all the way down, your current Dynamics value (default CC1) will determine the value that is taken instead of Note Velocity.

So having "Crescendo Range" at 0 disables the soft and hard attack scripts and completely detaches Note Velocity of the notes you play from having any impact on how a note attack sounds, letting you play it in with your breath. The instruments now play like some other performance brass instruments out there, with an added benefit of legato. Or if you prefer to play it that way on the keyboard instead of relying on the scripts, or just have soft and hard attacks be more transparent, you can do that too. These two knobs can do a lot to alter your playstyle.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason there isn't more discussion here, about what sounds like a potentially excellent library? Are others hearing something I'm not? Hoping my wife will be proved wrong and my ears are in fact, good.
A walkthrough will be posted later today, which will explain and demonstrate how everything works.

There are a LOT of modulators related to the way a note attack sounds and they rely on Note Velocity.

There are "Crescendo Range" and "Crescendo Time" knobs that determine the range of the soft and hard attack scripts, and the ramp up time of the soft attack "crescendo" that you can use to your advantage. If you were to reduce it all the way down, your current Dynamics value (default CC1) will determine the value that is taken instead of Note Velocity.

So having "Crescendo Range" at 0 disables the soft and hard attack scripts and completely detaches Note Velocity of the notes you play from having any impact on how a note attack sounds, letting you play it in with your breath. The instruments now play like some other performance brass instruments out there, with an added benefit of legato. Or if you prefer to play it that way on the keyboard instead of relying on the scripts, or just have soft and hard attacks be more transparent, you can do that too. These two knobs can do a lot to alter your playstyle.

A walkthrough will be posted later today, which will explain and demonstrate how everything works.

Thank you for the explanation, I think I understand what you mean but I wait for the walkthrough to see better these knobs in action.

Another question: how many time the introductory price will stay?

Thank you again.

Looking forward to the walkthrough!!

You fecking kidding me? I have to fecking travel for the next 24 hours so I won't get to see this in any detail. Well, at least I have something to look forward to!

Top Bottom