What's new

Aaron Venture Infinite Brass - Update v1.2 is live!

HBen

Oh, this is lovely, and I really would like to pick it up. A difficult decision to make after so much spending during this Black Friday....

AlexanderSchiborr

Hej Guys, some people asked about naked sound and Aaron showed in his walkthrough some stuff he did with some star wars. So I thought to give it also a try. I was sitting here an hour to sequence that short demo and surerly..it is not perfect programmed to death but I think a bit more what it could sound like when you have more time. Setup is 4 Trumpets, 3 Tenor Bones and 1 Bass bone, medium Hall default settings.

Mocking up naked starwars brass is always very hard and tricky and samples always fall apart. However, I think the brass has a lot of potential and it reacts really also what you put in, like SM.

Last edited:

Paul T McGraw

purchased. oh what shall I do while waiting for the download if all I want is to get high
and write funk music with it? What ever shall I do ? :cool:
I am shocked. Doug Gibson is going to get into using samples????????? What could it all mean? Is the world coming to an end? Has Doug Gibson been taken over by alien mind control? Is another Star Wars movie even now in production? No, wait, that last one doesn't have anything to do with Doug Gibson . . . or does it?

OP
aaronventure

aaronventure

Patch Notes – v1.1 (December 20th 2018)
Global
  • Processing of samples scaled back — less modwheel input required for a more natural sound
  • Pitch fluctuation adjustments for all instruments — better-sounding unisons
  • Project vision moved away from having different "colors" on different positions — re-balanced all of the IRs towards a consistent tone of each instrument family across all positions/rooms (room resonances remain untouched).
  • Added the Playable Vibrato switch for each instrument (the "Play" icon next to the Vibrato Intensity slider) — Switching it off will prevent you from playing vibrato right on the modwheel, and prevent the script from making predictions as to whether you're attempting to play vibrato based on the modwheel pattern, as well as causing minor pitch changes on fast movements
  • Dynamic Range slider extended, and maintaining roughly the same volume across all dynamics is now possible

Trombones
  • Minor adjustments to attack strength based on velocity (a bit easier to play softer attacks)
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments in the lower octaves - more natural sound
  • Fixed imaging on Spot mics for positions R 1 - R 6 in the Scoring Stage

Tubas
  • IR Mic Positions Re-Mixed - a more roomy sound on Main and Ambient mics
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments in the lower octaves - more natural sound

Trumpets
  • Minor adjustments to the way attacks sound
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments across the entire range

Horns
  • Breath fluctuation adjustments across the entire range

OP
aaronventure

aaronventure

Infinite Brass has been updated to version 1.2.

Horns have been completely reworked, and there are major improvements to attacks and unison playing across the board. Watch the rundown video:

Patch Notes – v1.2

Global

• Character profiles – pick a Natural, Clear, Full or Modern sound
  • Glide Depth – dial in the amount of dynamics “dip” during a glide transition
  • Pitch bend range increased to a semitone

Horns

• Reworked from the ground up
    • Tone adjustments across the entire range
    • Pitch behavior adjustments during release
    • Adjustments to embouchure resonance on attack
    • Better unisons, even when copy-pasting MIDI/playing all horns at once
    • Easier to play and More natural-sounding attacks

Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas

• Attack adjustments

I like music

Infinite Brass has been updated to version 1.2.

Horns have been completely reworked, and there are major improvements to attacks and unison playing across the board. Watch the rundown video:

Patch Notes – v1.2

Global

• Character profiles – pick a Natural, Clear, Full or Modern sound
  • Glide Depth – dial in the amount of dynamics “dip” during a glide transition
  • Pitch bend range increased to a semitone

Horns

• Reworked from the ground up
    • Adjustments to embouchure resonance on attack
    • Better unisons, even when copy-pasting MIDI/playing all horns at once
    • Easier to play and More natural-sounding attacks

Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas

• Attack adjustments
Hell yeah! I barely got to play with 1.1 as I have been away on business and then building a home "studio" so the computer has been off for way too long! But the first thing I'll do when I turn it on is download this! Thanks Aaron Looking forward to using the updates

Top Bottom