What's new

A Zebra2 cinematic cyberpunk sound library. Questions for potential buyers.

I would say I would do the exact opposite - generic requires alot more different shades and flavors, and I would need all the help and 2nd opinions I can get.
I do not want generic sounds. I want something that spark my creative impulses. If I can't take a patch like that and tweak it to make it my own then I'm not doing my job. I think people are interested in these patches based on that fantastic composition. I want those patches! I'm not going to recreate that composition with them, I'm going to make my own.

Wow! Guys, thanks a lot. I really didnt expect the topic to rise again and all your comments are really kind. Thank you.
Regarding the patches: I definetely WILL make the "library". The problem is that I have a lot of things to finish and times are not the best (coronavirus, panic, etc.). I want to wait until everything settles down, and then I will publish the patches.
Thanks a lot once more, it is very inspiring that some of you are interested in these sounds.

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid - presets that have identity. Identity should belong to the composer, and not the presets. The Unfinished did a preset called "SFX - Monster" in his Tunguska set, which sounds very cool and awesome, but unfortunately not exactly exclusive. It was perfect for this monster movie I'm working on, but I didn't use it in the end. Identity should be custom-created. If I were to buy presets, I'd rather look for those that are not going to be the star of the show. In this case, 'generic' is a friend.

I can only echo DivingInSpace. Nobody will buy presets we can already get from everywhere else. Identity will come from the method of using them, the processing, layering and usage. There's a reason why we buy 'Artist' libraries, because we aiming to achieve a similar sound but with our own twist and palette. I'm at the point where I can hear libraries nearly instantly, we can tell cinebrass, to JXL, to century. Eben every percussion library is identifiable, but the common listener will not be able to tell. Most of us tweak presets anyway. Some of the unfinished stuff is very unique and not generic, but if I play it...would you be able to tell me where it's from, or who it's by? Probably not considering the huge number of presets and synths out there. I honestly don't get why you'd prefer more of the same just for some additional shades or flavors, tweak what you have for that.

Wow! Guys, thanks a lot. I really didnt expect the topic to rise again and all your comments are really kind. Thank you.
Regarding the patches: I definetely WILL make the "library". The problem is that I have a lot of things to finish and times are not the best (coronavirus, panic, etc.). I want to wait until everything settles down, and then I will publish the patches.
Thanks a lot once more, it is very inspiring that some of you are interested in these sounds.

Brilliant job on the sounds and the composing too! Congrats! Just release the patches don't worry about the pandemic all of us musicians sitting home even more than normally.

I was reading your comment about remaking those Zebra patches you found out there on youtube - hehe just like me that's how I started too :D

Good luck!
Cheers :)
Joseph

Hope everyone is still well during this crazy and challenging time. It would be great to have those sounds in this time of Covid. Never had so much time to work on just about anything.

@Grim_Universe Any update on those patches?
Hi, man. To be completely honest, I didnt work a lot on these, because I didnt want to share just the patches I created my cyberpunk track with. Since then I created new ones tho, like this one:
The main problem is that every patch requires too much work until I get competely satisfied with it. The patch I shared, for instance, requires small tweaks and modulation controls, but these tweaks are the hardest part of work and I just cant motivate myself to finish the ones I already did and to do new ones.
Maybe I will release my patch library, but I dont think it will happen in the near future. One more thing is that I feel that my efforts won't pay off, because everybody has a lot of good libraries with synth sounds.

Maybe I will release my patch library, but I dont think it will happen in the near future. One more thing is that I feel that my efforts won't pay off, because everybody has a lot of good libraries with synth sounds.
Yes but your sounds are really quite special. Nothing like them out there.
Sorry to hear that but you'll never make much money off of sound programing so completely understand. At least we know the sounds can be programmed and maybe we'll get motivated to do it ourselves. Take care and be safe!

That sounds amazing! Is it just regular Zebra 2 without the HZ stuff?

Maybe you could compensate for the soundset being small by providing a small example project or some (more detailed than average) notes about how the patches work.

@Dr.Quest thank you very much for your kind words! I'll try my best to finish that library, but I cant guarantee anything.
@spacepluk thank you, man! Ye, it is just a regular Zebra2. Thank you for the idea, tho, it seems pretty reasonable to do that actually. Small lib. with flexible sounds+project+some details about how they work. Maybe it's the right way to go actually.

@Dr.Quest thank you very much for your kind words! I'll try my best to finish that library, but I cant guarantee anything.
@spacepluk thank you, man! Ye, it is just a regular Zebra2. Thank you for the idea, tho, it seems pretty reasonable to do that actually. Small lib. with flexible sounds+project+some details about how they work. Maybe it's the right way to go actually.
Hey Eugene ,

Any update about the lib?:)

Or there is no need to even make it, because the most of you have everything you need at this point?
Brother Grim_Universe, there is always a need for one with a unique vision and a unique voice. We (8 billion of us on this planet) are drowning in sameness.

If you build it they will come. It may not be everyone on the planet, but it will be the people you want to have as followers. 💕

His city is being bombed. No electricity or heat. I could be wrong, but I don’t assume presets are on his mind. Wishing you strength and perseverance @Grim_Universe
Thank you for your kind words, brothers! They are very valuable in such dark times for my home..
You're completely right ka00, I just cant think about it right now. I feel completely empty and destroyed. And I'm really thankful for you guys who understand that. This hell has been going on for almost a year, and emotional state is really unstable, you can't really focus on something for too long. Every day and every week new shit happens, and the only thing that inspires is the help of your countries guys and our heroic army. Thank you!

Dear Grim, I am so sorry to have not understood what you are going through. Perhaps I can never fully understand. My mere words can’t really help you, but I hope you know how much I do stand with you for your freedom and your dignity and your courage. Thank you for showing us what we can aspire to. 🇺🇦

Thank you for your kind words, brothers! They are very valuable in such dark times for my home..
You're completely right ka00, I just cant think about it right now. I feel completely empty and destroyed. And I'm really thankful for you guys who understand that. This hell has been going on for almost a year, and emotional state is really unstable, you can't really focus on something for too long. Every day and every week new shit happens, and the only thing that inspires is the help of your countries guys and our heroic army. Thank you!
I can not begin to imagine what you're going through, but know that all of Europe is with you! Stay strong and if you need anything I can help with, let me know!

I have ancestors from Га́йсин and vicinity. Be safe & well GU. Ukraine will prevail!

Top Bottom