A Swingin’ Christmas Medley

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi everyone! I hope you’re very well.

It's been a while since I've released an original piece or arrangement, but this is why. Ever since I listened to Michael Bublé for the first time in 2009, my interest in big band swing and jazz standards sparked, and it's been a journey of repetitive listening and appreciation ever since.

After putting 30+ hours into the full score+mockup, I'd like to present to you a swinging big band medley comprised of 4 of my favourite Christmas classics.

Libraries used:
OT Glory Days
ProjectSam Swing More
Realitone Screaming Trumpet
Toontrack Big Band EZX

Without further ado, I'd like to present to you: A Christmas Medley. Please enjoy!

TGV

Nice. Some cool moments in the harmony, and always very lively. Good drum programming, too. I only thought the bass and piano were a bit loud in comparison to the brass. Merry Christmas!

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Nice. Some cool moments in the harmony, and always very lively. Good drum programming, too. I only thought the bass and piano were a bit loud in comparison to the brass. Merry Christmas!
Thanks, much appreciated! Noted for the next time :)

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi all! This is the first part of my breakdown series of the medley, starting with the arrangement itself, some voicing types, and my thought process. Please enjoy!

Reactions: TGV
OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

This is part 2! In this video we'll discuss the mockup itself, the libraries, and articulation management. Enjoy!