What's new

A Revolutionary way to Compose, Orchestrate, and Record!

amadeus1

Hi guys,

Check out this software compatible with most DAWs that allows you to play your orchestral, big band, rock, or any other template live and separate individual parts to each track!

Best,

Bill

WOW.

Looks like and excellent approach to composing and auditioning various orchestration options, not to mention the time saved recording each instrument separately.

Not cheap but a VERY interesting tool.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Check out this software compatible with most DAWs that allows you to play your orchestral, big band, rock, or any other template live and separate individual parts to each track!

Best,

Bill

Divisimate is amazing, it is meant to work great with Infinite Series or SWAM instruments, but works with other sample libraries as well.

it is meant to work great with Infinite Series or SWAM instruments, but works with other sample libraries as well.
It works great with Infinite Series or SWAM, and we do a lot of demos using those instruments (and have done cooperations with Audio Modeling) - but it was indeed designed for any kind of virtual instrument. It's just that the advantages get stronger the more playable your instruments are. :)

Thank you for the review, Bill!

This is conceived to play / auto-arrange if you will / divisi parts. TOC / HO are more MIDI based phrase orchestration tools if I am not mistaken. So those have a different aim.

It works great with Infinite Series or SWAM, and we do a lot of demos using those instruments (and have done cooperations with Audio Modeling) - but it was indeed designed for any kind of virtual instrument. It's just that the advantages get stronger the more playable your instruments are. :)

Thank you for the review, Bill!
You're very welcome Steffen!

Last edited:
Really makes me want to dedicate time to getting better at playing parts in. Would make sketching out ideas so fast with a tool like this.

I use divisimate with vsl elite and emotional violin and cello and to my ears it sounds wonderful. I agree the more Playable the instruments the better.

It seems that this would be more useful as an aid to live play. As far as notation inputs are concerned, I'd imagine it would be hobbling. With polyphony it's only a guess work which voice belongs to which staff/track - yes, tutti is straightforward. But what about partial ensemble, unison, crossing counterpoint lines, not to mention actual divisi? In the end you'd have to clean it up manually anyway.

Last edited:
I had Divisimate for several months and was about to sell it because i was not using it. Then decided to adapt some the Swam Orchestral template to VSL Synchron Strings Pro and SYNCHRON- ized SE and was blown away, especially by the ww and strings. I might also just buy the Dimension Brass on a sale for the separated instruments. Divisimate is great for perform quick orchestrations and as learning tool for me.

Top Bottom