What's new

A question about BBC Core

Desertanu

Hello everyone. I'm considering getting BBC Core as my first big sample library. Does anyone know how much I could get it on sale for? Right now I have a 40% offer that expires tomorrow, but I'm considering waiting until Black Friday in case it will be a discounted more then.

Hello everyone. I'm considering getting BBC Core as my first big sample library. Does anyone know how much I could get it on sale for? Right now I have a 40% offer that expires tomorrow, but I'm considering waiting until Black Friday in case it will be a discounted more then.
40% is about as low as it goes. Even if it goes 10% lower I don't see the need to wait to save an additional $20 on Black Friday.

If you have BBCSO:Discover, then the price will drop to reflect that $49 (even if you got it free by doing the survey/wait 2 weeks route). I paid $220 for Core.

If you have BBCSO:Discover, then the price will drop to reflect that $49 (even if you got it free by doing the survey/wait 2 weeks route). I paid $220 for Core.
It's $240 now for the upgrade at 40% off. The $220 price was apparently a glitch; Spitfire support told me:

Spitfire Support said:
On upgrades during sales, the discount is applied to the upgrade cost, not the product being upgraded to. The calculation would be:

Normal cost of Core minus normal cost of Discover = Upgrade cost. This then minus 40% discount for BBC SO products.

In this case, that is $449-$49= $400 is the upgrade cost at normal price. .

Then:

$400 - $160 (40% of 400) = $240.00 total to pay for the upgrade.

When it was $220, it was calculated as 40% off the full price plus an additional $49 off. Still a phenomenal deal at $240 of course.

40% is the maximum discount BBCSO has ever had. The only times when a Spitfire library is discounted more than 40% is with the special bundles during sales, and the Apex sale in the spring with one library offered at 50% off.

BBCSO has never been in any of the special sale bundles since its release, and I think it is doubtful it ever will. It would sort of go against the marketing for BBCSO as a cohesive orchestra.

Having it in a future Apex sale at 50% off is a more likely possibility, but it would be a 6 month wait even if it is the very next one.

So I would say go for it at the current 40% educational offer.

During the Black Friday sale, Spitfire offers a free and exclusive library for any purchases over $349, so if there are other libraries that you want to buy soon, it might be worth a wait to see if the free offer is of any interest. But I think individual libraries are only 30% off during the Black Friday sale.

The Christmas sale is 40% off though, so if you don't get it right now, you won't have to wait too long before you can get it for the same price. And if you don't already have a free copy of Discover through the survey and two-week delay, you can do so and save a few more bucks during the Christmas sale.

40% is the maximum discount BBCSO has ever had. The only times when a Spitfire library is discounted more than 40% is with the special bundles during sales, and the Apex sale in the spring with one library offered at 50% off.

BBCSO has never been in any of the special sale bundles since its release, and I think it is doubtful it ever will. It would sort of go against the marketing for BBCSO as a cohesive orchestra.

Having it in a future Apex sale at 50% off is a more likely possibility, but it would be a 6 month wait even if it is the very next one.

So I would say go for it at the current 40% educational offer.

During the Black Friday sale, Spitfire offers a free and exclusive library for any purchases over $349, so if there are other libraries that you want to buy soon, it might be worth a wait to see if the free offer is of any interest. But I think individual libraries are only 30% off during the Black Friday sale.

The Christmas sale is 40% off though, so if you don't get it right now, you won't have to wait too long before you can get it for the same price. And if you don't already have a free copy of Discover through the survey and two-week delay, you can do so and save a few more bucks during the Christmas sale.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future. With the Discover bonus, I decided it would be good to get it now.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future. With the Discover bonus, I decided it would be good to get it now.
Yeah, if you already have Discover and can get its discount when upgrading to Core, now would be a good time to get it. The chances of it going for a lower price anytime in the near future is pretty much nil, and even if somehow it did, it would probably only be another 10% off ($40) anyways.

I think Spitfire's philosophy is that discounting by more than 40-50% diminishes the brand. Instead they'll retire products and repackage some of the content after a few years as "Originals". It's a middle ground between music software companies that essentially never have serious sales (Spectrasonics) and those where you know things will be deeply discounted at some point (EastWest).

if you haven't already purchased it...go straight for Pro..you will kick yourself later. Unless you are just starting out. Otherwise, well advised to spend the extra for pro. Although you CAN upgrade to pro during BF, if you really like it...so either way you are covered.

Top Bottom