What's new

A Quality Affordable Bass Library - XBass

Never miss a Cory video. Straight to the point, no-hype, with highly creative musical examples to illustrate his points. An album of Cory's review video music segments & improvs would be a fine thing :)

And another thing - Flavio from Xperimenta is a seriously talented young VI developer.

And another thing - Flavio from Xperimenta is a seriously talented young VI developer.
He really is! Any chance you have their piano ? (I know you're a serious piano collector:))
sounds really sweet from their demos

He really is! Any chance you have their piano ? (I know you're a serious piano collector:))
sounds really sweet from their demos
Yes, I bought the Due C7 soon after release, and went back and purchased the Due C3 a few days later. I prefer the C3, but probably because I have several other Yamaha C7's, but only one other C3 (Alicia's Keys).

Very well sampled and programmed pianos. They take a while getting the optimum settings right, and I find the GUI a little frustrating to navigate (multiple tabs & pages) but they both sound very alive with a lovely natural resonance. There is a slight lag in response, but the developer Flavio explained he wanted to keep the "pre-attack" in the samples for a more natural sound. I think he made the right choice - there's is always a very slight key mechanism delay when playing an acoustic piano anyway.

There is a slight lag in response, but the developer Flavio explained he wanted to keep the "pre-attack" in the samples for a more natural sound. I think he made the right choice - there's is always a very slight key mechanism delay when playing an acoustic piano anyway.
Thanks for you feedback! Actually, pre-attack is one of the most important features to me while it's extremely rare to find in a sampled piano, so I assumed that such a small developer must have skipped it and so I didn't even care to confirm with Flavio. Happy that you clarified this!!

Top Bottom