What's new

A piano trio made with VSL

Nice! Great composition - and you're right, the excellent piano playing makes the piece work. The lively piano does make the sampled violin and cello (though programmed well) stand out as obviously not live players. Not to fault the effort - just a limitation of solo samples contrasted with your expressive piano performance. I still enjoyed every moment!

Thanks, Luke! My duo, Acclarion (accordion and clarinet) is currently working on a CD of my pieces for us with other ensembles, including piano trio, string quartet, brass trio, and even a double concerto with full orchestra. All the parts will be realized with samples against our live parts, so Awakening was kind of a test to see how close live performance and samples can mix/interact. I know it will never be as good as the real thing, but to be honest, so many live performances have left me disappointed when musicians don't have the ability to devote enough time to create a convincing performance.

Cheers!
Dave

David Hall, I hear you about watermarks, but it's a necessary evil when putting stuff out there.

Doug Gibson: I took some courses with Hatzis back in university". Are you a Toronto guy? It's always nice to see wha a small world it is. Thanks for listening (or at least skipping through it lol)

nice composition, midi production-wise I hear the violin as farther away while piano and cello could be in the same room... though still maybe the piano could go a tad back. I've always had this same problem with vsl violin...

...but to be honest, so many live performances have left me disappointed when musicians don't have the ability to devote enough time to create a convincing performance.

Cheers!
Dave

I can relate to this, sometimes (actually many times) I've liked my midi mockups better than the live performances :)

Top Bottom