What's new

A piano recording using 3 different piano libraries

BradHoyt

Thought I'd share an example of using two different piano libraries to achieve something cool.

Here I used the Embertone Steinway for the main piano sound, and then used the various piano resonance sources from the Woodchester Piano by Fracture Sounds and the Olafur Arnolds felt piano (from the OA toolkit) by Spitfire.

It can sound pretty cool when combining a piano sound from one library with the resonance based effects from another piano library. :)

I listen later but i like such creative ideas i want see more them in movie scores. making something bit more unique.

Thought I'd share an example of using two different piano libraries to achieve something cool.

Here I used the Embertone Steinway for the main piano sound, and then used the various piano resonance sources from the Woodchester Piano by Fracture Sounds and the Olafur Arnolds felt piano (from the OA toolkit) by Spitfire.

It can sound pretty cool when combining a piano sound from one library with the resonance based effects from another piano library. :)

Beautiful theme & sound Brad - fantastic work!

Beautiful! I've been doing something very similar, layering a main piano with resonances etc from another: I find Una Corda in particular is a really good source for those secondary textures.

Beautiful! I've been doing something very similar, layering a main piano with resonances etc from another: I find Una Corda in particular is a really good source for those secondary textures.
Exactly. I've used Una Corda for secondary textures as well! In some cases, it's especially useful when rolling off the attack. Speaking of the Una Corda, here's a recording I just released featuring that instrument which utilized some of the 'aging' elements. :)

Exactly. I've used Una Corda for secondary textures as well! In some cases, it's especially useful when rolling off the attack. Speaking of the Una Corda, here's a recording I just released featuring that instrument which utilized some of the 'aging' elements. :)

Nice! Heavyocity's Ascend also has a wealth of fabulous options for this sort of thing, eg brushed harmonics, ebow etc.

Top Bottom