What's new

A jazzy bit (using EIS)

rJames

I did this as an exercise. I was trying to copy the sound of a Euro/Arabica Jazzy group. I didn't do too well but I like the piece I ended up with.

EIS helped me find a few chords and a couple of runs with the Grand piano.

https://www.DigitMusic.net/music/EuroDukeJazz.mp3

That's some pretty cool stuff Ron. The piano part integrates really well with the synths. The piece reminds me of Duke as well, after Zappa convinced him to play a moog that is :D

Thanks guys. I think you nailed it. Interesting how the subconscious keeps all this stuff.

Herman, I thought you were like 20 years old...telling me about George duke and Zappa. Are you sure you're not 45?

Nice stuff Ron! :D Great mix and comp!

Nice bass. Trilogy? If so you might want to send the link to Eric at Spectrasonics - I think he would like this cue. 8)

rJames said:
Herman, I thought you were like 20 years old...telling me about George duke and Zappa. Are you sure you're not 45?

lol :D
19 actually. A year or two ago I played in a fusion/jazz band for a while, and there my interest for Zappa's music started. In general I have a curiosity for most kinds of music. Whether it's Zappa or 15th century Landini.

An Italian composer. He's one of the most famous composers of his time. Although he was blind he was a real virtuoso. :wink:

I liked that cue!
Brings back memories of 70's fusion... a little bit of Herbie, George Duke and Lenny White (do you guys know the album "Streamline" with then 17 year old Marcus Miller..?)
Nice production as well.
The only thing that annoyed me a little bit are all the cymbal crashes/accents with the melody. Maybe too many?
Also, it would be nice to list the libraries that you used...

Good job!

This is great!

The bass is super cool. The only thing I didn't like so much was the first pass with the piano "solo". Sounded too Shakatak'ish.

I want more of this stuff in this forum!!!!!! :)

Thanks, Patrick and Hans. What is Shakatak-ish? And I probably overdid the cymbals. I like the accents. What if I mixed them down? Would that be enough?

My ears don't hear high pitches well and so I get extra high end on my mixes until someone else hears them.

Shakatak is/was a British jazz-funk group in the 80's. A stadium in England once collapsed because of the audience stomping so much. I liked them.

Long story...for one, I missed the mark. Christian B had an idea to remake this group called, "Dzihan and Kamien." Their stuff has (to me) the sound of a high end eatery and bar. But it has an Eastern influence.

(The tablas in my piece) But their stuff just reminded me of rich arabs in a club in London. Don't know why. Also one of their pieces was called, "La Bossa Arabica."

I nicknamed them the Arabica Twins. (I have a vision of Sigfried and Roy) ANd my working title was, "The Arabica Twins."

I changed the name to protect the innocent.

rJames this is a wonderful piece! :o

Its amazing that you and Frederick have just started out and you're pumping out great pieces like this using stuff learned from EIS. (Frederick mentioned Luca's piece too - maybe we'll hear his too ;) )

I heard Craig's piece on "the other forum" :P and it smoked! Is this the result of EIS??? If so you just found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Take Care,

CJ

Top Bottom