What's new

A Guide To Traditional Chinese Instruments: A Video Essay

Hi Chris -- good idea. Have you explored Strezov Sampling's new Jade library? It's not all Chinese but quite a bit of it is, and a fair amount was recorded in Beijing.

Kind regards,

John

Hi John, absolutely. The piece I posted in 'Members' Compositions' the other day used quite a bit of JEO, and it also inspired this video! :)

Hi John, absolutely. The piece I posted in 'Members' Compositions' the other day used quite a bit of JEO, and it also inspired this video! :)

Of course -- I had forgotten that. It's an amazing library.

[note: I have received free products from Strezov Sampling]

Thanks Chris! I recently got Jade and am planning on writing and recording a piece using JEO for Chinese orchestra and oboe this summer for my daughter (She's an oboist at Colorado State University). It will be fun!

Thanks Chris! I recently got Jade and am planning on writing and recording a piece using JEO for Chinese orchestra and oboe this summer for my daughter (She's an oboist at Colorado State University). It will be fun!
My pleasure! Have fun with that!! :D

Hi everyone! In this video, I wanted to take a deeper look into the traditional Chinese instruments heard in many pieces and film scores. I hope you learn and discover something from this presentation!

►► Download the slides for free! Click here → https://cutt.ly/ByVFUHU

Nicely done Chris Siu ! Your video took a different tack than expected, yet quite informative.
Many China business trips (decades ago) and all so enjoyable ! Initial site for Chinese instruments has been ChineeKong and now have many to enjoy. Most prized is their Bian Zhong .... so unusual !

Now there are several good providers, yet good support from 'Anthony' brings me back over and over!

Thanks and best regards

Nicely done Chris Siu ! Your video took a different tack than expected, yet quite informative.
Many China business trips (decades ago) and all so enjoyable ! Initial site for Chinese instruments has been ChineeKong and now have many to enjoy. Most prized is their Bian Zhong .... so unusual !

Now there are several good providers, yet good support from 'Anthony' brings me back over and over!

Thanks and best regards
Many thanks!

Top Bottom