What's new

A Guide To Traditional Chinese Instruments: A Video Essay

JohnG

Hi Chris -- good idea. Have you explored Strezov Sampling's new Jade library? It's not all Chinese but quite a bit of it is, and a fair amount was recorded in Beijing.

Kind regards,

John

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi John, absolutely. The piece I posted in 'Members' Compositions' the other day used quite a bit of JEO, and it also inspired this video! :)

JohnG

Hi John, absolutely. The piece I posted in 'Members' Compositions' the other day used quite a bit of JEO, and it also inspired this video! :)

Of course -- I had forgotten that. It's an amazing library.

[note: I have received free products from Strezov Sampling]

BradHoyt

Thanks Chris! I recently got Jade and am planning on writing and recording a piece using JEO for Chinese orchestra and oboe this summer for my daughter (She's an oboist at Colorado State University). It will be fun!

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Thanks Chris! I recently got Jade and am planning on writing and recording a piece using JEO for Chinese orchestra and oboe this summer for my daughter (She's an oboist at Colorado State University). It will be fun!
My pleasure! Have fun with that!! :D

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Hi everyone! In this video, I wanted to take a deeper look into the traditional Chinese instruments heard in many pieces and film scores. I hope you learn and discover something from this presentation!

►► Download the slides for free! Click here → https://cutt.ly/ByVFUHU

Nicely done Chris Siu ! Your video took a different tack than expected, yet quite informative.
Many China business trips (decades ago) and all so enjoyable ! Initial site for Chinese instruments has been ChineeKong and now have many to enjoy. Most prized is their Bian Zhong .... so unusual !

Now there are several good providers, yet good support from 'Anthony' brings me back over and over!

Thanks and best regards

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Nicely done Chris Siu ! Your video took a different tack than expected, yet quite informative.
Many China business trips (decades ago) and all so enjoyable ! Initial site for Chinese instruments has been ChineeKong and now have many to enjoy. Most prized is their Bian Zhong .... so unusual !

Now there are several good providers, yet good support from 'Anthony' brings me back over and over!

Thanks and best regards
Many thanks!

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Excellent work. Did you film the players or did the videos already exist?
Thank you Bill! I didn't, they were pre-recorded by the Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra. I simply downloaded the clips and placed them within my video.

Top Bottom