What's new

A Dream ( orchestra and ....musical saw or theremin )

Orchestra is beautiful (what did you use?).
As a (real) saw player i can say this sounds more like a theremin than a musical saw: vibrato is too regular, there is some staccato (which is impossible to do) and you cant hear the sound of the bow on metal which you always hear in actual saw recordings. This said, i may record a real saw for you if you want

Thank you guys for listening, yes Coppi you're right, musical saw it's this sounds name in Zebra but it's more of a therein than a saw...

Beautiful piece in late romantic idiom. The saw (or theremin, or whatever it exactly is), comes out more subtle than I would have expected, almost like a violin's high register without the screechiness.

Musical saw, theremin sounding, who cares. This is really a beautiful piece and a pleasure to listen to this morning. I especially loved the bitonality motif at around 44 seconds, first with oboe and orchestra and then bassoon . Wonderfully constructed!. (as usual!) Sets such a vivid mood. Thanks for sharing.
Cass

Musical saw, theremin sounding, who cares. This is really a beautiful piece and a pleasure to listen to this morning. I especially loved the bitonality motif at around 44 seconds, first with oboe and orchestra and then bassoon . Wonderfully constructed!. (as usual!) Sets such a vivid mood. Thanks for sharing.
Cass
Very kind of you, thanks for listening!
Gérald.

Beautiful and soulful music - as always! And an excellent sound! Thanks for sharing!

Funny: I didn't know the therm "musical saw"! In German it's "singende Säge" (singing saw) and I was expecting something like Charlie Clouser's "Saw" music.

Gerald. My god. I followed your Soundcloud link earlier today, and I found myself listening nearly every track. It's not often that some piece of music would bring me to tears (it takes a lot), but man, I couldn't control myself several times.

What a raw talent you have, bringing out the harmony, melody, and musical ideas that I rarely hear any more in this day and age. Your compositions are something of a cross between Debussy and Rachmaninoff, and your piano and jazz skills are top notch. Can you tell a bit more what kind of career you have?

To me, the imperfections in this mockup are completely irrelevant, as I'm completely blown away by the music and substance behind it.

Thank you for the music, Gerald.

Last edited:
This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Mysterious, intriguing, lots of layers.
It reminds me of scenes of the Fantasia movie, filled with masterpieces.

And… That whistling at 2:20 really does it!

Gerald. My god. I followed your Soundcloud link earlier today, and I found myself listening nearly every track. It's not often that some piece of music would bring me to tears (it takes a lot), but man, I couldn't control myself several times.

What a raw talent you have, bringing out the harmony, melody, and musical ideas that I rarely hear any more in this day and age. Your compositions are something of a cross between Debussy and Rachmaninoff, and your piano and jazz skills are top notch. Can you tell a bit more what kind of career you have?

To me, the imperfections in this mockup are completely irrelevant, as I'm completely blown away by the music and substance behind it.

Thank you for the music, Gerald.
Many Thanks Pando for kind comments, very happy that you appreciate my work, i appreciate yours , your "map room "mockup is a wonderful work. My formation is classical pianist
Many Thanks Berlin 87...
Gerald

Last edited:
Top Bottom