What's new

A Boat Through Fjords

Mark Kouznetsov

ᴍʀ. ꜱᴋɪʙɪᴅɪ ʙᴏᴘ ʙᴏᴘ

UPDATE: Decided to go back today. The difference is huge already! Taking in consideration it's 9 minutes long, the culmination should have been more dramatic:

Just a sketch as it's 3PM in the morning and I have to go to bed. But I'll try to finish it tomorrow (automation and all)

Final:

Last edited:
Interesting representation of fjords.
It is a bit slow but that sets a mood so it could go nicely with video.
I like the piano part, although not the part from 4 to 5 or so 'cause it sounded a bit "flat" to me. Maybe adding a recurrent melody that could be improved?
Anyway, nice sound!

Thanks for the input, it definitely needed some work. I was on a very tight schedule as I force myself to upload every Saturday at least one track and I already did this Friday. But the past week was the worst yet (in terms of writer's block), I wasted several days of sitting from the morning to the evening with no results. Barely managed to push through my previous track and god knows why decided to finish another one in a less than a day (probably because I started hating it and though if I didn't finish it until today, I never will).

Usually I write fresh material and it's pretty straight-forward, but this week I forced myself to finish two ideas that I came up with a while ago. And only for the last three days I have managed to write something decent, despite liking the initial idea (had unexpected trouble developing them even after trying hundreds of things and combinations).

Anyways, still kind of hated the strings in this one, even after coming up with a decent combinations between two libraries. Sounded fake no matter what I did. So just now I finally got it - if two libraries don't work, blend in a 3rd one. Sounds much better than this version already.

There are a lot of imperfections and usually I leave it for the next day to finish (with fresh pair of ears). Helps a LOT! But today was already Saturday and I didn't want to miss the self-imposed deadline.

Enjoyed this piece, thanks for posting. Can I ask which libraries you used, especially for the section 3:50 - 5:30?

My pleasure!
I believe it's Albion I, Albion V and Studio Strings

The updated version will be using only Albion V & Symphonic Strings

Last edited:
The strings sound lush and evocative. For listening unaccompanied by video of gorgeous fjords, I would recommend also creating a 'short' version.

Top Bottom