1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90s Retro Trumpets from Cinesamples

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by AlexanderSchiborr, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Oh sorry, I thought this script was very well known. It's not from me, but it's so great: http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/utkt/utkt.htm

I use it so much, makes fast legato lines incredibly better. Sometimes selecting range does not work (like with Cinesamples instruments), so just don't do it, it works fine without that.

2. Fugdup

Fugdup Member Of The Year

Sep 13, 2013
    Norway
    Sounds great. Looking forward to the horns! :sneaky:

3. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    Can't recommend this enough. It's my secret sauce for everything.

Consona, SoNowWhat? and JanR like this.
  4. JanR

JanR Senior Member

I didn't know about that, thanks for sharing! I highly appreciate it!

5. JanR

JanR Senior Member

Thanks a lot for sharing, I highly appreciate it! Love this community :)) I just wanted to try it out on SCS but noticed that the library is locked for scripts, but then I noticed the "neighbor zone RR" option in its menu and had never thought of using that on the legato hahah, it was already there the whole time, but I just never associated it with legato and its machine gun transitions, only thought of it for shorts. Its not customizable though like the script.

Cant wait to test the script on some libraries!!

Saxer and Consona like this.
  6. tonaliszt

tonaliszt Senior Member

Apr 6, 2015
    This sounds really really really good, and the playability is absolutely great.

7. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    So you have it and have played it? Just wondering how it feels under the fingers. Can't really get that from a video.

8. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Glad to help. I use this script for years. It makes some Williams things possible for example, where woodwinds play fast over a few notes again and again and without this it would sound horrible. And as I said, when you have a problem with inserting the range of the samples, just ignore that, active the script, select the number of RRs and it will work just fine, afaik.

JanR likes this.
  9. Niah2

Niah2 Senior Member

Oct 30, 2016
    90s is Retro? Boy are we getting old...

10. reddognoyz

reddognoyz Senior Member

Got it. Love it. It really fills a hole in my template, it's very fat and warm, it's difficult to get a sound like this with without 90's trumpet. Did you ever want to have a noble french horn section sound, but the writing is too high for French horns? this sits right there for me.

jononotbono likes this.
  11. dcoscina

dcoscina Senior Member

Nov 16, 2004
    I received a review copy today and it's fabulous. I like how it sounds a little warmer than the CineBrass trumpets. Considering its low memory footprint, there is a fair degree of variety and performance parameters one can modify.

Gerbil and ChrisSiuMusic like this.
  12. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Great to hear!

13. Gerbil

Gerbil Senior Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I'm wondering how soft/quiet can they go.

14. Jonas Hallstrom

Jonas Hallstrom Senior Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Hopefully as Soft/Quiet as the Saving Private Ryan trumpets (Hymn to the fallen)
    That movie is from 98 :)

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  15. Josh Richman

Josh Richman Senior Member

Feb 25, 2017
    That would be good for Hunt for red October sound right?!